Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio lag caused by video card

Audio lag caused by video card

I've been trying to figure this out since friday, and have been workin' with Lhaddat to no avail for a while now.

Since installing my 9800SE, I've experienced audio lag on Teamspeak whenever I play Call of Duty. Since installation, CoD has been hogging near 100% resources, and Teamspeak is losing close to 2% of its packets. With my old card, I would lose 0.0x% packets and CoD would take up 70-80% resources of the 512 RAM. I'm playing an order tonight for another stick of 256 RAM, but if it doesn't work, I'm at the point where I'll be returning the card for an nVidia card. ATI's customer service is as bad as it gets.

2. Do you get anything that sounds scrambled? That's pretty much my problem with some games I'm running on kawaks.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

Nope, just lag which causes the sound to break up.

Just bought a stick of 256--here's to hopin.

4. While I have never used teamspeak, or played calll of duty:

Trying switching to openGL instead of direct 3d. Since installing DX 9.0b, everything started to run much slower. I tried changing to Open GL after that, and I was able to go from 1024res and 2x multisampling to 1280res. and 4x multisampling.

Nope, still lag.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Nope, still lag.
    Hmm.. maybe you need to look at some call of duty sites to see what the problem is. I looked at it for a little while for you, but there doesn't seem to be any ati related or any kind of teamspeak lag problems that I can find. The only thing that may be related to your problem is that a server or two was having lag problems in the last couple of days.

Check those sites, I doubt you would find your answers here.

Nope, server is lag free. I don't get any lag from CoD at all; just 2% packet loss on Teamspeak which leads to the lag; and this started happening as soon as the video card went in, and only happens when alot of MB of a map is being processing by CoD at a specific time--if I stare at a wall, I get audio fine.

I'll try switching the video cards this week and see if it helps.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Nope, server is lag free. I don't get any lag from CoD at all; just 2% packet loss on Teamspeak which leads to the lag; and this started happening as soon as the video card went in, and only happens when alot of MB of a map is being processing by CoD at a specific time--if I stare at a wall, I get audio fine.

I'll try switching the video cards this week and see if it helps.
    I am not familiar with the 9800 SE, but does it need an 8x agp slot when you are using a 4x with it?

I tried using it both on 8x and 4x, neither helped. Currently using it on its default of 8x.

10. Do you have similar problems with other games or just this one? As I said before, this is probably not the best place to get answers. If it is a problem with all games, try the Beyond 3d, Anandtech or Toms Hardware forums, as it could be your configurations.

And is it getting enough ventialtion? Hot pc's run everything very crappy.