Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio lag caused by video card

Haven't even tried other games. And no, my PC seems fine. I'll check the temp. of it next time I restart.

2. Did you try different driver releases?

If not, go download some older drivers for the ATI and see if you have any luck. Make sure you follow the uninstall instructions to the letter.

Also.

What soundcard are you using? Is it onboard or PCI? If it's PCI try moving it away from the AGP slot, in any of the other slots until you've tried them all.

onboard, though I'm running through my USB headset, no the soundcard. Never tried older drivers, I'll give it a try.

4. if (as i think you just said) your soundcard is onboard then you should probably just get yourself a soundcard. since an onboard one required the cpu to do its work for it, you're tasking the cpu with a) running the system itself b) running a highly complex game through a demanding videocard c) running another program in addition to all that which requires more cpu cycles.
    A sound card would handle most of the sound issues itself and allow the cpu to focus on what the videocard is telling it to do.

5. Error is probably correct there. Onboard audio does eat up more resources then a soundcard would. And can't you get soundcard's for cheap now?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

As I said; running through the USB headset, the onboard audio isn't active.

7. Error's advice is probably valid anyway. I told you this in IM -- USB headsets suck resources from your processor. I know it's got a DSP in it, but that doesn't do all the work. Get a real soundcard (SB Live cards are cheap) and a good traditional headset.

Never! My headset is so damn awesome! (And I don't need to pay anything more for it. )