Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renewal of Evangelion - US release under the Platinum label

1. Renewal of Evangelion - US release under the Platinum label

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=332
    "NEON GENESIS EVANGELION RENEWAL VOL 1 DVD (MR)SRP: $34.98"

Diamond Comics have been known to screw up, so don't get overexcited just yet. But if this is true.....

2. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=332
    "NEON GENESIS EVANGELION RENEWAL VOL 1 DVD (MR)SRP: $34.98"

Diamond Comics have been known to screw up, so don't get overexcited just yet. But if this is true.....
    Nice! Evangelion was the first series I bought DVD's for. If it's true, that would be awesome.

34 dollars, though? Fuck.

3. This is where I come in and say...

WTF Is Renewal of Evangelion?

4. Is that the remastered versions... if so why don't they just release them all at once and have a box set as well like they did in Japan, it's not exactly a new release

5. thirty five dollars for one fucking dvd. and i already bought the first (overpriced) release. of course, it's evangelion, so i'm in.

it's a good thing i'm not into anime anymore, or i'd be really pissed. the prices are insane.

6. You know, I still don't understand why Eva is still a high-hailed anime title. It's cool, and all, but no way in hell I'd pay 35 bucks for a sharper-looking single DVD with a few episodes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    WTF Is Renewal of Evangelion?
    Remastered image and sound, making the show WAAAAY better visually. Search out some comparison pics. I don't want to do it for you

Perhaps the $35 price tag includes a box?

BTW, the Japanese release was done in a huge all-in-one box, and then released as individual volumes with new cover art a few months later. So a re-release in the US of the individual volumes is a screw, but... okay, its a screw, but its a screw I'm sure as hell going to bend over and take.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    You know, I still don't understand why Eva is still a high-hailed anime title. It's cool, and all, but no way in hell I'd pay 35 bucks for a sharper-looking single DVD with a few episodes.
    I'm also confused about why people would get this.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. japanese commentaries? looks like i'll be buying the series for the third time.