Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Unwet" Liquid

1. During Tuesday's Good Morning America, a representative of Tyco Fire and Security displayed the amazing properties of the chemical that's called "Sapphire."
    They got the name wrong. "Sapphire" is the name of the fire suppression system. The liquid itself is called Novec 1230, and it was developed by 3M. I don't think it can be used for computer cooling, at least not the kind where liquid comes into direct contact with the CPU. It'd make a nifty substitute for water in existing water cooled setups, though.

2. This stuff has been arounf for a while, its not really all that new. Its very similar to the stuff used in the movie Abyss, the liquid that you can breathe in once it fills your lungs. My dad works for 3M and told me about this a long time ago, he said they had a tv running submerged in it.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. "Unwet" Liquid
    The word you're looking for is "dry."

4. That stuff rules!

*stamps with Cheebs Seal of Approval*

5. so how would you clean up a spill of that stuff. you couldint wipe it up wit a tissue or nothin cause it wouldint get wet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BURN007
    so how would you clean up a spill of that stuff. you couldint wipe it up wit a tissue or nothin cause it wouldint get wet.
    Once again, Burn presents us with the important question here.

Perhaps it evaporates like water?

Don't lie to the retard. He has never presented us with anything important. Ever.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BURN007
    so how would you clean up a spill of that stuff. you couldint wipe it up wit a tissue or nothin cause it wouldint get wet.
    01. Find a stupid fagg.
    02. Take him to the spill.
    03. Light him on fire.
    04. Douse him (and the spill) with the unwet liquid.
    05. Kill yourself.

9. How do we know whether it's environmentally safe or non-toxic if they won't release the chemical formula? BTW, deionized water won't conduct electricity.