Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a new PC FPS.......in 96 kb?!

1. a new PC FPS.......in 96 kb?!

http://theprodukkt.com/

i don't know if this has been done before, but an FPS this small that looks this good probably doesn't come around too often.

however, to my dismay, it was practically a slideshow on my GeforceFX 5200.

someone with a better rig should check it out.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

2. Impressive... I'll have to give it a go later.

3. i'd download it if i had a computer that could run it. the screenshots are incredible.

these guys have done other ultra-tiny graphics demos, haven't they? i don't see anything listed on their site, but the group name sounds familiar.

4. Wow...we can now go back to the days of installing games with a floppy...if our PCs still had floppy drives. Pretty neat. Yeah, there have been some amazing 32k, 16k demos...

5. I'll check it out and give impressions when I get home.

6. That's some crazy shit. Amazing....

7. Very impressive stuff. It runs fairly well on my 9800. Its a beta so I hope they add better sound effects and actual death animations for the enemies (instead of having them disappear). Either way I find it amazing that all this is squeezed into 96k.

8. Ran pretty well on my 9800 as well. It's amazing how well the lighting effects and shadows are done, especially given the size.

9. Yes, I had very little lag on my 9700 pro. While the sound is quite simple(WTF are you expecting in 96k), I find it really had to believe.

Is it downloading stuff over the internet or something while you play? Even the 64k stuff wasn't this impressive.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    Is it downloading stuff over the internet or something while you play?
    nope. that's the whole point of the demo.