Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Boondocks to hit TV

1. Boondocks to hit TV

I had not heard about this at all, it was casauly referenced in The Hartford Courant this morning and did a little searching..

(scroll down a bit)
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=2474

Lets hope they let him keep the same freedoms he enjoys with the strip. Its looking like its going to be on Fox, lets hope it doesnt get the Family Guy/Futurama treatment.

Oh yeah and not let the network suits screw it up.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. Sadly, I think Chappelle has the market cornered and saturated with race humor.

That doesn't leave anything for this.

3. the Lockhorns > Boondocks.

4. Hell, the Bridge column is better than this strip.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat
    Hell, the Bridge column is better than this strip.
    Examining the kerning of the paper's headlines is also better.

6. Examining the kerning of the paper's headlines is also better.
    Other things that very obviously suck could also be considered better than the Boondocks, just to cover all examples.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the strip since I haven't read it in years, but it's gotta be better than Cathy and quite a bit of the other crap on the comics page.

7. Looks like I own kidnemo an apology.

Shit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Other things that very obviously suck could also be considered better than the Boondocks, just to cover all examples.
    Haha, true.

Boondocks is one of the most consistently unfunny comics I've seen this side of Rose is Rose.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. Damn, I thought this thread was talking about a Boondock Saints TV series, which would be king if it was done on HBO or Showtime or something.

Ah well
    omg TNL epics!

10. I like Boondocks... I haven't read it in a couple years though. Has it gotten that bad?