Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joust

Joust

Joust is good old game. Out of all the early '80's Williams releases, I would rank it #2, right behind Defender.

Joust fans, show yourself.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    oh wow...i remember my mom giving me money to play this game while she shopped for groceries...i absolutely HATED that big brown bird.

3. I would rank it #2, right behind Defender.
    Second?

What about Robotron?

Jarvis is the man.

4. Originally posted by Regus
    Jarvis is the man.
    Agreed.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. My first experience with Joust was the Atari 7800 version. It was one of three games I played on the thing while my NES was getting most of the attention (the other two were Impossible Mission and Food Fight). Fun game, but very frustrating since that 7800 joystick was the antethesis of ergonomic. If I still had my 7800, I'd play it using my Genesis controller. =P

And yes... that big brown bird sucks ass. >_<

Anyone know what games, if any, Jarvis worked on post-NARC?

7. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Anyone know what games, if any, Jarvis worked on post-NARC?
    I know Crusin USA is one of them.

8. I played it a bit in the arcade as a kid. I got it now on the Atari (or Midway, or whatever) collection on DC. I'll play a round or two of it, I like how innovative it is.

9. Joust is definitely one of the best old-skool games, right up there with Missile Command in my book. I remember getting it for 2600 when I was a kid, and spazzing out because it had a title screen. that was a big deal back then.

You can play the game online here.
    -Kyo

Cruisin's best left forgotten.

I just remembered Smash TV. I love that game.