Thread: Good ways to save videos on a digital format

Good ways to save videos on a digital format

What is the best way to save satalite video, and old video tapes on to a digital format?

1. What is the best way to get this on your computer?
    2. What are the best formats to save these as, and how to you convert this from that?

I want to know becuase I'm interested in converting some of my old old 80s cartoon tapes to VCD and computer media files, as they probably won't be watchable in another 10 years.

I would also like to make a collection of 80s heavy metal videos. Both from old video tapes my dad made in the 80s off of the orginal MTV, and the ones they play now on VH1 classics' heavy metal hour (if you like old metal, this channle is worth getting just for that hour. They just played a Helloween video )

2. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I would also like to make a collection of 80s heavy metal videos. Both from old video tapes my dad made in the 80s off of the orginal MTV, and the ones they play now on VH1 classics' heavy metal hour (if you like old metal, this channle is worth getting just for that hour. They just played a Helloween video )
    METAL MANIA!!!!!

That show rocks. Even my 10 month-old daughter sits still to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    METAL MANIA!!!!!

That show rocks. Even my 10 month-old daughter sits still to watch it.
    If you like heavy metal, hair band rock, and 80s cheese, its one of the best hours of the day.

I just gave these a really good looking over. Do you have any experence with this hardware?

5. Nope. It looks good though.