Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet deal I just got.

Jay Guest

Sweet deal I just got.

I just picked up Maximo for $10 at BlockBuster. I can't wait to dive into this game.

Don't worry, I'm sure it has so many scratches that the last level won't load up or something.

3. dang NeoZeedeater,

no need to jinx the man...

I would like to congradulate you on one hand Jay but on the other I want to be the one with the $10 Maximo.

But then again it only 30 at Kay-bee...
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

Hey, it has happened to me before. My used copy of Resident Evil froze on the last boss.

5. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Hey, it has happened to me before. My used copy of Resident Evil froze on the last boss.
    A friend of mine has a copy of Onimusha the exact same way. He had to go out and rent another copy to beat it and see the ending.

6. Very nice. I picked up a copy of River City Ransom at Goodwill the other day for 3 bucks. I was pretty pleased.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. if Maximo does work, it probably wont in a few days.

you can only watch skeletons get in 5 attacks per your one so many times before your primitive brain takes over and you snap that CD in half.

8. Bah, I bought River City Ransom at FuncoLand when I used to work there. The game was cosmetically mint, but when I finally got around to testing it (long story), my return period had expired, and the game was really messed up. When you first turn it on and pick 1P or 2P, the text was misspelled. O_o A few wrong letters on some of the words. The game then starts up, and freezes 5 seconds later. I didn't even have time to punch the first bad guy. Since the game was useless and it was too late to exchange it, I used it for batting practice. =P There's nothing like the sound of a metal bat hitting an airborne defunct NES cartridge. THWACK!

Anyway, it was a couple months before our store took in a copy of RCR, which I immediately tested and bought. Both times, the game was $16.99. Ugh.

I just won a copy of Maximo on Ebay (supposedly mint) for 18 bucks...that's not too terrible.

10. Try cleaning your NES carts with a Q-Tip (the hygiene product, not the irritating TNL poster) before taking a bat to them.

I mean, come on.