Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ace Combat V Official Thread

Balls! I missed out on what was probably the greatest accidental deal ever. I wish they'd do that with a pstwo now.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    The cinematic presentation in this thing is pretty awesome. The gameplay seems solid, if nothing new or especially intersting, but the music, radio chatter, and cutscenes make it an engrossing experience.
    Agreed.

I had no clue what to expect when I turned it on. The tutorial missions were pretty basic, so I was just expecting a "fly a plane, shoot shit, ad nauseum" type of game.

Wow, I was so wrong. All the radio chatter, characters, and cutscenes REALLY make you feel for your wingmen, and the characters in general.

There's one scene where a bomb hits, and you can hear over your radio everybody trying to figure out what's going on, trying to abandon ship. It really puts you straight into the game.

The cutscenes are amazing as well, and the story is REALLY good. The gameplay is average, but everything else (story, presenation, characters) in the game easily propels this games to excellent status very quickly.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)