Thread: Gasaraki....... anyone watched this series?

1. Gasaraki....... anyone watched this series?

We have the first 3 DVDs in at my little store in the flee market for $10 each. Is it a good series? worth the $30? Any info would help folks.

I also picked up the Eatman '98 series and Big Wars today. I've never heard much about either but the boxes made 'em look cool so I picked 'em up.

Skibble-de-don-po,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. It was one of my favorite series last year and for $10 a piece its the deal of the century. I paid $45 each (canadian mind you) for the whole series which is 8 DVD's. A few of the guys here ( Bio, Lee ) and I had extensive discussions about this series and to varying degrees loved it.

If your looking for a story breakdown I'm affraid that I'd reveal too much. The best thing I can recommend doing is picking up the first one and watching it. If by the end of the fist dvd you don't want to see more than this show isn't for you. If you do on the other hand than prepare for an intriguing ride. One last thing, that opening theme is the best I've heard in a long time.

Hope that helps.

D

3. Thats a great deal, you should go for it. I had the first half of the series on dvd, then I sold it. Its a very good series.

4. Damn! I walked into the store this morning and they were already gone. Oh well I did get Eatman & Big Wars for $20 so I'm not too mad. Plus I do have an anime pile 'o shame right now, so whatever.

What should I watch tonight, Big Wars or Spriggin?

Gonbal-fe-ichi-ku,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Friggin Spriggan. If you like action anime, you will not be disappointed. And the dub is prety good to boot.

6. You should still pick up the first disc of Gasaraki, at the very least. It's a very good, well-produced series that's one of my favorites. The combination of realistic mecha combat, political intrigue, and supernatural goings-on works wonderfully.

As D stated, if you watch the first disc and get into it, the series won't disappoint, but if you don't, it's probably not worth tracking down the entire eight-disc series.

*Bio wants a Gasaraki box!!*

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

7. Although I guess its pretty pointless now

You should've picked up the first disc at least, Gasaraki was\is a pretty good little series.

To Bio.....ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, a Gasaraki Box???
    Thats a good one (though in all seriousness, I would love one also), I dont ever see that happening though.

Im becoming a HUGE!!!
    Box freak..though I only have 2 so far (Eva,Now and Then) hopefully ill find the Bebop boxset somewhere (though the Japanese version I saw on ebay rox the US one), and I pray I can scoop up the box for Trigun. Plus ill nab the first disc\box included sets for Berserk and Hellsing when they drop.

Has there been any word on a boxset for FLCL???
    Cant wait to see Mangas box for the Eva movies!!
    And where the funk is the boxset for Outlaw Star and or Escaflowne??

I have no idea why I just ranted about boxsets...oh wait, Yeah I do....cuz im sick!!!!

lee

and cuz they mos def-inatly 0wn

Deus13 Guest
    Yeah ya should have gotten the disks, but since they're gone, oh well, I would recommend getting it anyway. I am only two discs in, but I am really liking what I am seeing.