Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Fans ? HELP!

1. Lunar Fans ? HELP!

someone explain this series to me. Ive been hearing about it as long as i can remember, and now that i have a saturn and soon will have segaCD, i think i have all the systems a lunar game was ever on. but ive seen lunar for segaCD, Lunar for Saturn, now Lunar complete, Lunar eternal blue for PSX, ... and i dont know which games are first, which are ports, which are remakes, etc. im really confused.

could someone explain what games were made for what systems, and tell me where each game fits into the series (ie, part 1, 2, 3)

2. There are only two games, actually.

Lunar: The Silver Star (a.k.a. Silver Star Story) - Sega CD, JP/US
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue - Sega CD, JP/US

Lunar: Silver Star Story - remake, Sega Saturn, JP only
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue - remake, Sega Saturn, JP only

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - port of SS ver, PSX JP/US
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - port of SS ver, PSX JP/US

Anyone else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. =P

My advice is to go for the "complete" PSX versions. There's tons of goodies in the packages, and the translation/presentation is top-notch. Lunar 2 EBC is still available in stores and should be $40. The first Lunar PSX title is available also, but *only* the game discs (as far as I know), and it runs $30, I think. The "complete" package of the first game has been out of print since the end of 1999.

Wonderful RPGs these games are. The characters are all quite lovable and the story is full of humor and in-jokes about pop culture. They've made me laugh out loud quite often, something not too many RPGs can do. Highly, highly reccomended.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    lunar 1 and 2 came out for the sega cd first. these are the "vanilla" games.

then they made versions for the psx and saturn which have the updated visuals. theres also mpeg versions for the saturn which i believe show the cutscenes full screen full screen and very clear.

the only english versions are the 2 for the sega cd and the 2 remakes for the playstation.

there hasnt been a 3...yet tho rumors say itll consist of the 4 heroes in their younger years.

the psx "remakes" are the original games with updated graphics and video. lunar 1 and 2 for the psx also has butchered dungeons and the ability to see your enemies before you fight them (ala crono trigger).

good enough answer?

4. Only two? I'm guessing we aren't counting Lunar Magic School, huh?

LittleEric: Got a Game Gear?

5. Wasn't there some sorta Lunar Magic School, or something? An offshoot game.

edit: Damn that crafty MechDeus! *shakes fist*

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    theres a GBA version of lunar 1 coming out also.

7. Originally posted by TheSCHLONG!
    theres a GBA version of lunar 1 coming out also.
    And another version for PS from WD, though I think it's just a stripped down packaging version.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    heres for the collectors out there.

lunar for the sega cd originally shipped without a foil cover...they then changed it to a foil cover. also there's 7 different cd arts for the original game. and yes, i've tracked them all down.

and yes mech the new psx version is stripped down but all of the cd arts are from fan works. so if you collect....or love the game as much as i you just have to buy it no matter how ugly the cds are

TheSCHLONG! (formerly known as Dyne) will be buried with Lunar gawd i love these games.

9. You used to post as DragonmasterDyne?

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i did...see my sig? :P