View Poll Results: Are you going to Pax East?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I'm awesome

14 60.87%
  • No - I'm not awesome

9 39.13%
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: PAX East 4/11 - 4/13 Presented by Rampant Fronting

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I dunno, Philly Classic was kinda like a mainstream gaming convention this year, and subsequently not as much fun as in the past. PC was cool because I could buy Vectrexes and Microvisions and shit there. There was a definate shift in focus this year. It was still a classic gaming thing, but there was alot less in the way of rarities and stuff I couldn't normally find, and absolutely zero in the way of bargains. The first PC I got a Vectrex for $40, a GameGear and games for like $8, and someone offered me a prototype Jaguar VR helmet for $15 and to this day I still don't know why I didn't buy it.
    This was my first year there so I can't really compare it to events of the past, but it's a decent example of a gaming event that has evolved to a point where it can have big sponsors.

I was hoping for some better deals on stuff at the show too - I was definitely in the market for a Vectrex but the only ones I saw for sale were like $160. I think the fact that vendors had to collect and pay PA state sales tax will be a big deterrant for individual collectors just looking to trade and sell from their personal collection. We didn't know about it until the last minute this year and it's a pretty big pain in the ass to deal with, just to send them a few measly bucks.

I'll take that JagVR for $15, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Little off topic, but does anybody know of any decient game conventions that come near the Milwaukee/Chicago area?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Little off topic, but does anybody know of any decient game conventions that come near the Milwaukee/Chicago area?
    I sure don't remember any. The Milwaukee area especially, I'm sure some smaller ones have slipped past my radar in Chicago.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Little off topic, but does anybody know of any decient game conventions that come near the Milwaukee/Chicago area?
    Midwest Classic is in Milwaukee:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. chicago has a big game tourney coming up, does that count?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Grin

PhillyClassic and FX2003 seem to be regional destinations for videogamedom. Cool! Contrast that with the regular, small-scale comic book convention circuit and my point is clear. I'm not surprised when corporate America latches onto well-established, decent-sized conventions.

Hopefully PAX will become a destination event a la Quakeworld or something. The NW is home to plenty of talent...it's time we showed it off!
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. it could be interesting but my god that logo is so bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. If I still had my job, I would be going to PAX just for the Hell of it. I don't post on their boards or anything (Since they suck) but I love PA and I love LAN parties. Seems like a good fit.

So I guess I'll just try and go to EVO to hang out as usual.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. edit: They're actually going to have live bands playing videogame songs? They really thought this through. This has potential to be one of the greatest nerd events ever... minus the over nerdiness with Star Trek attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    If I still had my job, I would be going to PAX just for the Hell of it. I don't post on their boards or anything (Since they suck) but I love PA and I love LAN parties. Seems like a good fit.

So I guess I'll just try and go to EVO to hang out as usual.
    Really? I will be flying up to evo again, so maybe we can meet up, hang out, and i can force you to play some guilty gear.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life