Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X-Box Disc Read Error

1. except for your save games, of course.
    it's very expensive, but you could always send your xbox to microsoft. that's what i'll probably do when my thomson finally craps out.

2. I had a problem with my launch XBox once. I got Morrowwind and like within 15 minutes of playing the game would just stop. The screen would go black and nothing. So, I thought well maybe its the game itself like a bug. So, put in DOA wouldn't even start. No DRE nothing. Took that game out put in Halo; same thing 15 minutes it would play, then black screen. So I would unplug the power cord put it back in and it would play fine. It would work for like two days to a week. Then it would start all over again. I replaced the power cord ... nope. Tried using a DC power cord ... nope. I did alot of stuff to it. Brought it too a friends house maybe it was a spike in my wattage at the house. Nope. So, finally I broke down and called MS ... 50 buck shipping/handling to MS + 85 dollars for repairs, not including any extra equipment = 135 dollars for a looked at Xbox ... the console at the time was still 200. So, my friend working at Gamestop said trade it in pay the differance and get a new one. I did. The trade in value was (at the time) 150. Shelled out 50 bucks and was good to go.

Moral of the story ... DO NOT send it too MS! Whatever you do ... trade it in, repair it yourself, do whatever it takes to get that thing up and running!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. I've already opened the XB up. Sending it to MS isn't an option, even if I wanted to.

Uhh....great thread move to obcurity. Thanks.