Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mac Powerbook Specs

1. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    If I traveled a lot than I'd get an iBook in a second, but that's not in the cards. Why have you sworn off desktops? I thought you were into desktop publishing.
    I am. But with a notebook, I don't lose the huge amount of desk space required for a desktop, plus, if I ever need to take it with me, I can do so quickly and easily. As well, if I'm not feeling very creative sitting at my desk, I can take my computer to wherever I want to be. My TiBook can do anything my old desktop could, with the exception of video capture. (And it can do that, provided I buy a FireWire capture device.)

The way I see it, unless you use a lot of expansion cards, there's not much a desktop can do that a laptop can't anymore. They are more expandable - I'll give you that much. But, by the time I'm ready to upgrade my computer, I'm at a point where I'm better off just buying a whole new computer anyhow.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi

The way I see it, unless you use a lot of expansion cards, there's not much a desktop can do that a laptop can't anymore.

it all depends on your needs

I dont see a laptop yet touching a desk top in 3D performace or software 3D rendering

if you do 3d animation like me a laptop just isnt going to cut it performance wise
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.