Thread: Metal Gear Solid 2/3 coming to the XBox...

1. Metal Gear Solid 2/3 coming to the XBox...

I'm only posting this because I can't believe the Xbox owners on this board haven't been going into paroxysms of joy that it hasn't been canned; personally, I'm kinda suprised it's still on the way. Oughtta be cool, though...they mention it includes the third game in the Solid series.

Check it out here.

All apologies if someone's already posted this and I just didn't notice.
    -Kyo

At least it won't be a port of a year+ old game. Just hope this one's up to the Metal Gear standard set by Metal Gear Solid and... well, that's about it, I guess. No, wait, there was that great Game Boy Color game. There we go.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. StriderKyo: Yes, it has been posted and the topic header is way too misleading. ONLY MGS2 Substance has been confirmed as an Xbox title at this point. There's no word on which console MGS3 is heading to, but I'm guessing PS2.

4. *ahem*

Please remember that it's being dev'd for PS2 *and* PC also. The MGS franchise's appearance on a minor platform (*ducks*) is really not too much to be wowed over. I'm more excited over the prospects of the game itself. Let's ponder this for a moment.

- It's on PC.
    - Kojima's probably not involved on this one.
    - Why do an expansion for an existing title like this if it isn't going to be radically different? Yeah, it would be neat to see what Snake did while Raiden was playing hero-boy in the Tanker, but I'm not sure that's worth a whole new game. Snake's actions are not the focus of the 2nd part of the plot of Sons of Liberty, no matter how wacko the plot actually is. ^_^

A friend and I thought about this last night. We think it's a FPS.

5. Re: *ahem*

Originally posted by Lhadatt

- Kojima's probably not involved on this one.
    Kojima might be involved in deciding which features will be added to the game. After all, that's what he did in MGS Integral. I doubt he will involved in porting MGS2 Substance to the Xbox or PC.

6. While they will suck, everyone who called me and others liers when we said it was coming still, can take this news, and shove it up their asses.

7. Re: *ahem*

Originally posted by Lhadatt

- Why do an expansion for an existing title like this if it isn't going to be radically different? .
    I'll tell you. Can you say "cash run"? Remember, these are the same people who released MGS VR Missions. Chalk it up to a love of the almighty dollar.

8. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    StriderKyo: Yes, it has been posted and the topic header is way too misleading. ONLY MGS2 Substance has been confirmed as an Xbox title at this point. There's no word on which console MGS3 is heading to, but I'm guessing PS2.
    You should read the part that says:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is said to incorporate "a second and third original title to follow on our Metal Gear Solid series."

Konami's words from their financial statement, not the website's. And that avatar rules, btw.
    -Kyo

9. Originally posted by StriderKyo
    And that avatar rules, btw.
    Thanks! It's a Frank Miller.

Anyway, the Konami's Japanese press release stated that MGS3 (a seperate game from MGS2 Substance) was still far from development. I think the extra game in MGS2: Substance will be more like an added scenario rather than a full-fledge sequel (it's WAY TOO soon for MGS3 either way). Think of it like Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams.

10. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted

Thanks! It's a Frank Miller.
    Yeah, that's the issue where he shoots the Punisher, right?

Anyway, the Konami's Japanese press release stated that MGS3 (a seperate game from MGS2 Substance) was still far from development. I think the extra game in MGS2: Substance will be more like an added scenario rather than a full-fledge sequel (it's WAY TOO soon for MGS3 either way). Think of it like Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams.
    Yeah, probably. Have to wait and see...it has been six months since the last one, so they've had a fair amount of time to work on whatever they're adding already.
    -Kyo