Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Viewtiful Joe 2

1. Viewtiful Joe 2

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/act...w_6094063.html

Coming to Cube and PS2. No screens, but there are a few pieces of artwork, and the logo looks really nice.

GameSpot: How pleased were you with how the original game turned out?

Atsushi Inaba: I am 100 percent, completely satisfied.

GS: How did feedback to the original game influence work on the sequel?

AI: We heard the game was a bit difficult for casual gamers, so we have made it more accessible to them while still making it challenging enough for hard-core gamers that liked the difficulty of the original.

AI: We heard the game was a bit difficult for casual gamers, so we have made it more accessible to them while still making it challenging enough for hard-core gamers that liked the difficulty of the original.

GS: When did work on the sequel begin?

AI: We started to work on the sequel last summer.

GS: What can you tell us about the game's story?

AI: The end of the first game offers you hints as to how the sequel will begin. All I can say is "outer space."

GS: How is the gameplay changing in VJ2?

AI: The addition of Silvia in co-op mode has added a lot of depth. You thought you could do crazy combos in Viewtiful Joe; wait till you try a little simultaneous VJ action!

GS: Why did you decide to bring the game to the PlayStation 2?

AI: I wanted more people to get a chance at playing the game. I'm really proud of it and was hoping the company would let me release it on the PS2 so more gamers could see the great game that we created...I guess I got my chance.

GS: Are the graphics changing at all for the next installment?

AI: The style is the same, but we have tried to add new themed environments so that the colors and backdrops you see are quite varied.

GS: How much information can you give us on the game's locations?

AI: Sorry, you have to let me keep some secrets.

GS: Are there any changes being made to the three original VFX powers, like slow mach speed and zoom in?

AI: The originals stay the same. A new power, replay, will be introduced, though.

GS: Will there be unique content in each version?

AI: The game will have the same content for both platforms.

GS: Thanks for your time.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Woohoo!! I can't wait!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Woohoo!! I can't wait!!

Is it PS2 only?

=(
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Me, in the first post, you douchebag. :)
    Coming to Cube and PS2.

6. No, they said the Cube would also get a version.

I'm currious as to how they'll pull this off two player. The whole "speed up, slow down, zoom in" thing seems to exclude the possiblility of a second player, unless only one player can control all that. And then still the zoom in feature would need a split screen or something....

Oh...

um, nevermind.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    I'm currious as to how they'll pull this off two player. The whole "speed up, slow down, zoom in" thing seems to exclude the possiblility of a second player, unless only one player can control all that. And then still the zoom in feature would need a split screen or something....
    Yeah, it sounds like an awesome idea in theory (reminds me of the co-op mode in SFA3), but I don't know how they'll work it with the time manipulation. Maybe they'll require you to work together and pull off the ability at the same time, like magic in Crystal Chronicals or the button puzzles in PSO.

9. Only one word can express my joy properly - YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Woohoo!! I can't wait!!
    OMG !!!!

We are looking forward VJ2 very much !