Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: Viewtiful Joe 2

1. Good thing I passed on it. That's how they destroyed Maximo too
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

2. They got rid of Ultra-V rated ;_;

Oh well, the chambers will remedy my need for difficulty.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    The game really needed to cut down on the mushy shit. I know Silvia and Joe are together Capcom, I don't need to be reminded of it in every fucking cutscene about how much they love each other.
    I think you're exaggerating a bit... either that, or you just have a very liberal definition of "mushy". There were only one or two scenes in the entire game that I thought were a little over-romantic; and I haven't seen anyone else complain about this sort of thing at all.

On a related note, Silvia's "Your turn, honey!" tag quote is adorable. awww =^_^=

Also, it seems the game suffers from the Capcom syndrome of "people bitched because the first one was too hard, so the sequel will be alot easier".
    I thought this at first too, but I'm not really sure. I mean, I was just working my way through V-Rated in the first VJ before I got this one, and I'm guessing most people also worked their way through the harder difficulties... maybe the game's not easier, but we're just too good at it. I dunno.

In any case, I still think VJ2 is a fine sequel that just needed a little more polishing. It's better than most new MM games, at least.

4. I think the whole "Ass-kicking couple" thing is both entertaining and endearing at the same time. It's also not something you see all too often, and it looks like Capcom had fun with it.

5. I don't remember who was asking or know if it's been answered yet, but yes the Cube version does support progressive scan. For some reason the PS2 version doesn't though.

6. I'm in Reel three and I can't figure out the first damned puzzle. I'm in the women's bathroom, and there's a button on the ceiling I need to hit 3 times, but the reply power isn't doing it. I've tried jumping into it with Joe, I've tried punching enemies up into it, and I've tried damn near everything else. Lil'help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    I'm in Reel three and I can't figure out the first damned puzzle. I'm in the women's bathroom, and there's a button on the ceiling I need to hit 3 times, but the reply power isn't doing it. I've tried jumping into it with Joe, I've tried punching enemies up into it, and I've tried damn near everything else. Lil'help?
    You have to be in zoom replay with Sylvia, and do a spinning zoom jump into the button. That will raise another "replay tower" above ground that you need to hit simultaneously with the other one already present using Sylvia's Zoom Replay circular kick.

8. Yeah. I feel like an ass for asking after I figured it out. Thanks a lot, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.