Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: EA announces THE URBZ.

1. EA announces THE URBZ.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04...s_6094146.html

Electronic Arts has today announced the development of The URBZ (working title) for all current generation consoles and the Game Boy Advance. Currently scheduled for release this fall, the game will see players creating new Sims-style characters who live in a city where reputation is everything and where the goal is for them to become the biggest "player" in the city.
    "We're taking The Sims on console franchise in a dramatic new direction. Now that Sims are in the city they are now known as Urbz, they have a bold new look and style," said Sinjin Bain, vice president and executive producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. "For the first time, players will control Urbz at every moment of gameplay, while they are on the job, earning their street rep, or exploring a city that is alive 24/7."
    In the console versions of The URBZ, players will have to take their characters to work and impress the bosses at locations such as the Sushi Bar, Chop Shop, and Bootleg Fireworks.
    Locales in the game confirmed to date include ritzy shopping districts, downtown, Bohemian artist workshops, and a gritty subway station. The engine will also allow for a great deal of character customization with support for tattoos, nose rings, and the like.
    As the progress through the game, players will gain access to new vehicles and will be allowed to explore 25 new locations, including Urbania, Sim Quarter, and the Bayou. At the Bayou, players will have the opportunity to interact with other residents, unlock new Xizzle motive power-ups, collect over 120 new objects, and play eight different minigames with titles like Motocross Mayhem and Moogoo Monkey Madness.
    Oh my fucking god. This is the funniest fucking thing I've ever heard.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. This news is three weeks late, methinks.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. It is? Damn, GameSpot just posted it

4. Heh, and just wait for that expansion pack, the BURBZ

5. It sounds like a stale April Fools prank.

That's what I was implying.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Support for nose rings and tattoos eh?

I can make my very own scenster!

7. Ah, yeah, it really, really does. I honestly had a hard time believing it was real when I first read it.

8. I'd buy it if "thuggin'" was a new profession and you can pull a drive by.

9. For fucks sake.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    This news is three weeks late, methinks.
    Do doubt.

This idea had to come out of horrid marketing research done by some reject EA intern.