Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Okami (PC, PS4, XboxOne)

1. Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    Come on TNL FURRIES, TRY HARDER!
    Didn't know you were into that kind of thing Dave...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Welcome back WW! Glad to see you're still kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I've seen a bit of this game in PSM and probably EGM, and I love the visual style as well. Capcom goes out on a limb once every so often, and I'm damn glad they do. PLEASE let this come out in the U.S. with a code to give us a clean screen.
    I think the english text in some of the trailers points to a US release, if nothing else. It'd be nice to turn on my PS2 for something other than replaying Symphony of the Night.

2. I saw the E3 trailer for this and was floored, definiately one of the few titles out of the convention that I actually became really interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Good riddance.
    LOL. Nice custom status, slappy.

Also, a big welcome back to Werewolf.
    Time for a change

3. So this is finally US bound? Capcom stated many times before this E3 that it was Japan only.

4. This looks to be a definite preorder for me, but I can't help but feel like having English in the game really hurts the atmosphere. As glad as I am to be able to play the game, it really feels like the English just cheapens it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot
    This looks to be a definite preorder for me, but I can't help but feel like having English in the game really hurts the atmosphere. As glad as I am to be able to play the game, it really feels like the English just cheapens it.
    The voices aren't being dubbed, infact, there's nothing TO dub, seeing as how the dialogue is nothing but gibberish.

The text, however, is being translated, but I don't know how that could detract from the game's provided experience.

6. Yeah, at first I thought it was dubbed with gibberish, but that's not the case. Still, I think that the Japanese characters fit in with the game's atmosphere a lot better than English text does, that's all. Wouldn't you agree that Guwange wouldn't quite be the same if it was in English and said things like "ARE YOU GREAT" [not that I think Okami's port will be plagued with Engrish, just an example]?

7. Official site is up. To be released Q1 2006 in the US according to IGN.

8. Bah, dammit, I though this was supposed to be out in the next couple months. Would have made for a nice holdover until Zelda.

9. wowowowow, amano's arts, will be a cool game!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Bah, dammit, I though this was supposed to be out in the next couple months. Would have made for a nice holdover until Zelda.
    Now it'll make a nice one-two combination on the weekend.