Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Okami (PC, PS4, XboxOne)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm less than two hours in, but so far I am not overly impressed. It would take an absolute miracle for this to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Yakuza for GotY. In fact, the 9+ reviews for this are so far off, based on my admittedly limited gameplay that it is making me question what kind of people review games even more than usual. If all of them think like this...
    Keep going until at least the four hour mark. The first three are basically a prolonged tutorial.

Also, that's when you get bombs.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Still waiting on this game from Amazon. Hate my life.
    Me too. And I'm not into it.

Did you order other things along with it? I'm thinking they're waiting to ship everything at once for me. If you ordered it alone and still don't have it... well, that's even suckier.

3. Dudes, you eventually get swords.

That is all.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Mine's here Wednesday. They don't ship it right away with Super Saver. You gotta wait.
    Donk

5. This game picked up quite a bit, especially after killing Orochi for the first time. I've wasted so much time praise-hinting and going nuts over all the little subevents in the towns. The commoner's quarter in Sei-an seriously has -so much crap- to be done. Two of the little city-quests are making me about go insane. There's a little girl that draws shapes with charcoal, and you go and draw it as the kimono designer's new idea. Each of the first four of the girl's designs earns you 20 praise or so, but I can't seem to get the fifth one right. I keep drawing it but it never goes through as correct. And there's some cherry blossom event but I can't find one damn tree left to revive. ;___;

6. i'm 3 hours into the game and im not feeling it!

i'm seriously trying to love this game, but something just doesnt feel righ to me, anyone feel the same?

the paintbrush graphics are gorgeous, the music is amazing(im getting the soundtrack), but the gameplay just feels meh' to me. maybe it's all that "issun" non stop talking which is getting on my nerve or the bland fighting seqeunces.

i dunno what it is, but i'll play the game and give it more time.

EDIT: i read somewhere that Okami is 50 hours long...true?

7. Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    i'm 3 hours into the game and im not feeling it!

i'm seriously trying to love this game, but something just doesnt feel righ to me, anyone feel the same?
    Kinda. There's really no need for 5 hours of stuff to ease you in to this type of game. It even does the typical Zelda thing where it treats you like you're retarded by coloring in and bolding the parts of text that might be important. But oh well. Everyone in this thread has made me hopeful that it takes off soon after where I'm at.

One of the oh-so-many things I love about Shadow of the Colossus is that it just dumps you right into the world like old games used to. Even when I was a kid I always found that really intriguing. I am not a fan of tutorials, training modes and slowly gaining your most basic skills over the first 5 hours of a game. It's not necessary for non-gamers (unless they're retarded) and it's definitely not necessary for anyone who's played any videogame before in their life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    i read somewhere that Okami is 50 hours long...true?
    I'm at the end of the game plot-wise at 22 hours. Whoever said 50 was probably factoring in all of the subquests and stuff, I didn't do a ton of those.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    Kinda. There's really no need for 5 hours of stuff to ease you in to this type of game. It even does the typical Zelda thing where it treats you like you're retarded by coloring in and bolding the parts of text that might be important. But oh well. Everyone in this thread has made me hopeful that it takes off soon after where I'm at.

One of the oh-so-many things I love about Shadow of the Colossus is that it just dumps you right into the world like old games used to. Even when I was a kid I always found that really intriguing. I am not a fan of tutorials, training modes and slowly gaining your most basic skills over the first 5 hours of a game. It's not necessary for non-gamers (unless they're retarded) and it's definitely not necessary for anyone who's played any videogame before in their life.
    yah the game did remind me of zelda in terms of the whole tutorial thing and the adventure aspect of it. i'll be playing it some more and i hope things start to pick up....that includes it's difficulty.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post

Shadow of the Colossus sucks.

edit: also I got this, I probably dont have time to play it too much but I am happy to reward this type of game and Nick gets a spot of the cash.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 26 Sep 2006 at 08:18 PM.