Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7787899091

Thread: Watchmen

1. I remember liking the intro!

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Hallelujah and All Along the Watchtower almost ruined their respective scenes. It was that bad.
    Yup that's exactly what I was thinking. Sound of Silence felt out of place too, but not quite as bad.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. Agreed as well. It still felt forced but wasn't quite as awkward as those two.

The only good music in the whole movie was the muzac Tears for Fears that plays in Ozy's lobby before he kills those bigwigs.

4. Saw this one with no previous knowledge of the comic and it's funny that the last couple of posts in this thread are about the soundtrack, because that's the one thing that stood out to me as being horribly done in a movie that was otherwise pretty good.

It makes no sense why this movie wasn't scored in a more serious fashion.

Even fucking Batman has a real score, so why doesn't this movie when it's supposed to be a lot more "deep" and "serious" than the average comic book adaption?

5. I've never read the comic, and I liked the theatrical cut alright. I recently watched the ultimate cut, and while I thought it was better than the theatrical cut, I felt Tales of the Black Freighter (if I understood it right) kind of undermines the moral ambiguity between the opposing views of Ozymandias and Rorschach. It pretty much chooses a side rather than let the viewer decide who did the right thing. Was it like this in the comic?

6. Honestly, I don;'t get a lot of the hate the film got.

Despite looking good nekked, I can agree that Malin Akerman wasn't great, nor did "Hallelujah" do anything for that scene. But honestly, I didn't mind the soundtrack and found the film to be really enjoyable.

I would agree that the graphic novel is quite superior, but I still found the movie quite good.
    For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.-Conan the Barbarian

Check out my blog: New England Gamer

You know, we don't have 32,886 other Stewies here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You know, we don't have 32,886 other Stewies here.
    I was born on the 28th of March, in 1987. You do the math.

It's just the generic screen name I use everywhere. As you noted, most sites don't have 32,886 other Stewies, so I'm generally guaranteed to get this name and it's easy for me to remember.
    For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.-Conan the Barbarian

Check out my blog: New England Gamer

9. Yes, but retarded user names will bring you a lot of hate here.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.