Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Blue DVD

1. You prefer english Faye? Heathen, that's my favourite voice actress in the japanese version, Hayashibara Megumi :P lol

"Let's make a show were everyone in our country just watches and understands it, but in other countries they fucking read the bottom of the screen instead of paying attention to the animation all the time!"
    There's no problem reading subtitles and watching what's going on at the same time. Though of course, I guess it might take a little training to get used to.. I never really needed that training myself though because in sweden everything that isn't kiddy-kiddy-kiddy or disney is subbed. And I much prefer to see ie Titanic in english than in swedish, and would do so even if I didn't get a lot of english.. but hey that might just be me, heh heh. Original voices above all.
    Maybe I'll get a sig later... :P

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kidd
    You prefer english Faye? Heathen, that's my favourite voice actress in the japanese version, Hayashibara Megumi :P lol
    I love her voice, especially her singing voice, but I thought Faye's English voice was so much better for the character.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    Sure. And I'm all for good dubs (I always watch Goldenboy, Cowboy Bebop and various others dubbed). But what about the awful, autrocious dubs? Most dubs are embarrassingly bad, and I can barely sit through 5 minuts of it before I've got to turn it off.
    I can't even name an anime I own with a horible dub. and it's not like I don't own my fair share either.

Can anyone name some animes they thing have these horrible dubs I hear so much about.

4. I own my fair share of anime with horrible dubs, but I still usually opt to watch them in English. Unless of course the dub is ear gratingly awful, which I find most aren't. Perfect Blue has a good dub, so I never bothered to turn on the subtitles.