Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Phantom Menace......Love it or Hate it?

1. I really dug Episode 1. It's my fourth fav Star Wars flick but I still really enjoyed it. A little less of Jar Jar would have been nice but he's not the end of the world like most people seem to think. Anakin really wasn't that bad (imho), I loved the final lightsaber battle, all the Jedi's were spot on, Palpatine (or however you spell it) was great and the droid army was a great way to show the technological peak that ended with the fall of the Republic.

Just my two cents,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. the first time I saw Ep. I in theaters I loved it, but then when the hype wore off and I sat down to see it again... I didn't love it so much. The lame dialouge and that damn kids bad acting started to get to me.

As for it (you know of whom I speak), at first I was like "heh, he's not that bad" which gradually became "Jesus, I want him to DIE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET HIM DIE!" I dunno, he brought a bit too much sillyness. I think the droids added a perfect ammount of comic releif in the original trilogy, but it was just too much for me.

~Mr. K~

And I just phjucking found out that the best theater in town ISN'T getting Ep. II.... god... dammit.... I made an oath to see ALL the Star Wars movies there but NOOOOOOO god dammit all.......

3. I LOVE the duel of fates battle. It's my favorite fight ever. I still get goosebumps every time I watch it. That's all I do now, whenever I pop in Episode I to watch, I immediately skip to the duel of fates chapter and watch from there. It's just the greatest thing ever...I could take 2 hours of an even worse, more boring story if it meant there were just more jedi lightsaber battles. That is quickly becoming the only thing interesting me in these new prequels...anything to do with Jedi and lightsabers. :P The movie is fun to watch visually, and there are some truly wonderful shots, but damn is the movie boring, the acting on the kid atrocious, and the gayness level with Jar-Jar at levels never before reached. Sure there's way too much CG goin' on too, but hey, at least it's nice CG now... :P Have pretty big hopes for Episode 2...it's ALL about that pissed off/annoyed Obi Wan (Ewan McGregor rocks), Count Dooku, Anakin swaying toward the dark side, and dual light saber action. Did u see that short clip at the end of the trailer where Anakin weilds both blades against Dooku!? Bad fucken ass!! That's the shit I can't wait for! God damn, NOTHING touches them lightsaber battles man, shit, I tell ya!

zidane747 Guest
    Yes, the lightsaber battles did freakin' rock, but to me the whole movie was amazing. Best SW EVER.

5. I don't think the movie is as bad as everyone says it is. I'll be the first to admit it's no where near as good as the first 3 SW movies, but Ep. 1 is still an enjoyable movie. Then again, I'm a huge SW fan, so I'm pretty tolerant of anything Lucas releases.

I can't wait to see Ep. 2.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. i can kind of sense that its not that great...but it being a star wars movie seriously clouds my judgement. i enjoyed it, but take away everything that makes it atmospherically star wars (the music, lucas' stilted dialogue, ILM, and the scene to scene trasistions) and i think id probably hate it.

all digits crossed for ep 2 this friday. im skipping school to see it mwahahaha

zidane747 Guest
    Well, since most people adore the OT Star Wars, and since this new prequel trilogy is totally different, of course people are going to react different. First, most of the people that saw SW were kids, now they're grown up and have been tainted by "life", and anything less than the greatness of the OT will be shunned. This prequel trilogy is supposed to represent Peace and solitude first, then death and destruction later. Episode I was meant to represent the "happy" times of SW, where there was no Sith or Empire or war around. Jar Jar was there to represent that to the fullest. Someone so clumsy and ignorant could only survive in the world when it is totally at peace, but once the Sith come out, he almost is killed(Gungan vs. Droid battle at the end). We do know that his entire race is erradicated between Ep. II and III. Episode I is the only happy upbeat Sw(no Empire, no Sith), and plus it was meant as a set up for the rest of the saga. Lucas had to create new worlds, characters, creatures, situations that were totally new, plus had to have SW refrences to set up the later films AND keep the audience and SW fans happy BY HIMSELF.Watch the "Beggining: Episode I Documentary" on the DVD to find out how hard it was to make this film. People say that GL only made this movie to cash in on the SW name, but that's not true. It took 3 years just to write, why would he just want to screw everything up for money he didn't need? Watch, once Ep. II comes out, people who hated Ep. I will love it. The same thing happened to A New Hope. Before TESB, a lot of people thought it was boring, but once TESB came out, they all fell in love with SW. You just watch.