Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any hope at ALL?

1. Finally, some WHR love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    How good is this series, anyway? Should I be watching it?
    Yes. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    WHR is good.
    You are officially cool.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Feather
    I got hooked from the start. Couple different twist and turns....pretty good story line for anime. Graphics are nicely done as well....mixture of 2D & 3D.
    All I could really say is watch it and be your own judge.

I love the character art and design, and the creepy, slow pacing of the episodes. It's a nice change of pace from the usual anime fare.

And Robin is damn cute, especially with the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I despised Witch Hunter Robin from the very first time I watched those few fansub episodes when they came out.
    Bitch. I'm ashamed to share this island with you.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Have you watched more than 10 minutes of one episode?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Have you watched more than 10 minutes of one episode?
    Like any good writer/critic should, I sat through the whole thing in order to formulate an opinion. My description of the show earlier was simplistic, but in my opinion not too far off-base. The show is altogether...uneventful and plodding, but not unintentionally. It's the kind of show whose supporters explain it away as sophistication, a transcendance of the genre's norms. Like Wolf's Rain, which started off well but ended up ultimately unremarkable and equally boring, it looks pretty enough and introduces an original concept, but executes it poorly.

Though I will agree, they repaired the pace a bit in the last few episodes. But they completely blew it with a crappy ending, and a totally ridiculous sub-plot introduced and left unresolved IN THE LAST EPISODE (The whole witches as gods thing).

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Yes.
    Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    Like any good writer/critic should, I sat through the whole thing in order to formulate an opinion. My description of the show earlier was simplistic, but in my opinion not too far off-base. The show is altogether...uneventful and plodding, but not unintentionally. It's the kind of show whose supporters explain it away as sophistication, a transcendance of the genre's norms. Like Wolf's Rain, which started off well but ended up ultimately unremarkable and equally boring, it looks pretty enough and introduces an original concept, but executes it poorly.
    If it was boring, why did you watch the whole thing? Were you actually reviewing it for something?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    If it was boring, why did you watch the whole thing? Were you actually reviewing it for something?
    I don't like arguing a point if I don't know what I'm arguing about. There was a lot of talk about it on the Adult Swim boards (which I visit about once a week, since they always talk about the same thing anyway) and I decided to watch and see what the fuss was about. Besides this, I have few things better to do at midnight here in my dorm from midnight to 12:30 anyway.

I wouldn't go so far as to say to others "stay away at all cost!" I reserve that honor for shows like Nazca and Genma Wars. I would not hesitate to remind them of the plodding pace, though, and how it takes selective taste to really enjoy it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    I wouldn't go so far as to say to others "stay away at all cost!" I reserve that honor for shows like Nazca and Genma Wars.

Genma Wars is THE most unintentionally funny show EVER.
    "You stink!
    Your mother's dead!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Genma Wars is THE most unintentionally funny show EVER.
    "You stink!
    Your mother's dead!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!"
    Hmm, this sounds like a laugh riot.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    I don't like arguing a point if I don't know what I'm arguing about. There was a lot of talk about it on the Adult Swim boards (which I visit about once a week, since they always talk about the same thing anyway) and I decided to watch and see what the fuss was about. Besides this, I have few things better to do at midnight here in my dorm from midnight to 12:30 anyway.

I wouldn't go so far as to say to others "stay away at all cost!" I reserve that honor for shows like Nazca and Genma Wars. I would not hesitate to remind them of the plodding pace, though, and how it takes selective taste to really enjoy it.
    Well, I apreciate your comments more than the gosh darn awful mean comments of Mr. poopyhead ChaoofNee.

Still, Robin is a bit slow paced, but it's to establish mood and atmosphere. Personally, I find it engossing. Shit DOES happen, and when it does, it's given stronger feeling because it stands out more than if the entire show was fast-paced.

If there is one thing I hate about the show, however, it's that homo that runs the bar.

BTW, Vicious, if you talk about the plot any more, use the spoiler tags. I'm not watching this on Adult Swim, I'm collecting the DVDs.