Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega CD

1. Wonderdog: Nice little platformer with good graphics
    Mickey Mania: Best version with great music and excellent sound and plenty of Mickey speech
    The Misadventures of Flink: Another nice platformer with great graphics and corny music
    Puggsy: Just a genesis port but still a nice action/puzzler
    Robo Aleste: Good shooter
    Android Assault: Another good shooter
    Terminator: Decent action game with great rock tunes
    Final Fight: Not 100% perfect, but best console version (not sure if this was in the capcom collection for the sat/ps)
    Keio Flying Squadron: Nice shooter, goofy and very japanese with 8-bit-ish visuals..but thats ok
    Lords of Thunder: Not as good as the original turboduo but better than nothing..and it still has the great music so its worth it for that.

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    Final Fight: Not 100% perfect, but best console version (not sure if this was in the capcom collection for the sat/ps)
    Nope, it never showed up in any Capcom Generations compilation which a shame since every home port of Final Fight has major flaws.

3. Third World War if you're into simulations
    Some may say Hook, but I didn't like it.
    I liked Adventures of Batman and Robin for the cutscenes
    BC Racers, though no Mario Kart, was a decent kart racer
    Silpheed
    Panic
    If you can handle the looong load times Secret of Monkey Island is fun
    Road Rash CD is the only version to play the real music in game (as i recall, everyone else only had it in the menu's) and is thus my favorite.
    I'm not into the FMV stuff too much, but Road Avenger, Double Switch, and Corpse Killer were a lot of fun to me.
    That's all i can think of that hasn't been mentioned.
    To be ultra cool, head over to http://www.gooddealgames.com and order the recently released stuff.

4. Super Famicom Rise of the Dragon

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Rise of the Dragon". Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon are probably the two best Sega CD games. Computer Gaming World listed Rise of the Dragon as one of the top 100 games of all time. If I'm not mistaken it was in the top 50. Some publisher liked it so much they tried to steal it from the developers.
    There's room for only one Snake and one BIG BOSS !!!!

5. Still regret the day I sold my Sega CD and games including Snatcher. It probably has'nt aged to well, but the game has a cool storyline and a Blade Runner like feel to it.

I'd recommend Terminator. I've heard nothing but praise for the title. Might be a little hard to find though, but what Sega CD game is'nt?

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Nope, it never showed up in any Capcom Generations compilation which a shame since every home port of Final Fight has major flaws.
    They're only aping the arcade version, which has major flaws itself. Such as the gameplay.

7. My favorite Sega CD games:
    Sonic CD
    Sega 4-in-1 disc
    Mickey Mania
    Fahrenheit
    Power Rangers, surprisingly enjoyable FMV game
    WWF Rage in the Cage
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiva
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "Rise of the Dragon". Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon are probably the two best Sega CD games. Computer Gaming World listed Rise of the Dragon as one of the top 100 games of all time. If I'm not mistaken it was in the top 50. Some publisher liked it so much they tried to steal it from the developers.
    Snatcher is easily the better of the two cyberpunk adventures but Rise of the Dragon is cool. RotD's voice acting is very painful to listen to but that's to be expected given the era.

Quote Originally Posted by skelly
    They're only aping the arcade version, which has major flaws itself. Such as the gameplay.
    Final Fight's gameplay isn't deep but I find it effective. You don't like Final Fight, Strider or Ghouls n Ghosts? Did Capcom kill off one of your family members or something?

9. Oh no, you're keeping notes!

I don't even remember dissing GnG! (Though it's true I'm not particularly fond of it.)

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Snatcher is easily the better of the two cyberpunk adventures but Rise of the Dragon is cool. RotD's voice acting is very painful to listen to but that's to be expected given the era.
    Voice acting didn't really get bad until later, I think. Alot of early "talkie" games like Space Quest 4, Sam and Max, day of the Tentacle, Snatcher, etc had great voice acting.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Sega CD shit worth playing:

Popful Mail: Very solid Wonderboy clone
    Heart of the Alien (decent, and also included the original classic Out of this World)
    Mansion of the Hidden Souls (much better than the Sat one)
    Lunar 1 and 2
    Sol Feace
    Time Gal: If only for cheeseball appeal