Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega CD

1. Sega CD

I'm getting a Sega CD next week sometime, and I already got Sonic CD...

Browsing through GameFAQ's and using my own personal knowledge, I already know of some decent games to get, such as Shining Force CD (even though it's EXTREMELY expensive), Lunar 1 and 2, and Flashback. Maybe Final Fight as well.

I'm pretty sure somehow on here knows about all the not so well known gems on the system, and can enlighten me as to what's good and what just sucks.

Also, is the Sega CD region free?
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. I remember liking Tomcat Alley, Sewer Shark and Ground Zero Texas. I dont remember much about GZT, except that it was a really cool idea. Oh and Eternal Champions if you can find it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Also, is the Sega CD region free?
    Nope. Games will only play on the regions they were made for.

Oh yeah....

Sega ruined our lives!

Worth a check just for the gay Prime theme song alone.

4. Popful Mail and Snatcher are must haves. Though pricey.

5. Eternal Champions CD
    Dark Wizard
    Snatcher (you need that shit bad)
    Robo Aleste
    Earthworm Jim CD
    Flick (or something like that, its been a god awful long time since i played it.)
    Popful Mail
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Nope. Games will only play on the regions they were made for.
    Doesn't really matter though, because if you own the game you just burn a copy of it and it removes the region protection.

7. While on the topic, does anyone know how to play an official Sega CD beta? I have a Magic Knight Rayearth beta and I'm very very curious about it...

8. Ecco. Prizefighter (the best of the Digitial Picture games, imo).
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. Dark Wizard..... you need Dark Wizard. Best Sega CD game every.

Funniest game? Popful Mail.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Sega ruined our lives!

Worth a check just for the gay Prime theme song alone.
    "Forcible Entry Expert!" That site is awesome.
    Hopefully you listened to the intro cut first; it's pretty bad on its own, but hearing it gives you a fuller appreciation for the version that plays during the credits, which is what I like to call the "muy caliente sexo" mix. The beginning is something to have softly playing in the background when you want to show your sweet and emotional side to your ladyfriends, to let them know that you can be their fire-eater (who will win the fight), and that if they need you, you won't fail the test. Then right at the moment - thirty seconds in - when they're all nice and seduced to the point where they're begging for your firepole, *POW*, the chorus - like a sonic donkey punch - kicks in and rocks their motherfucking faces off. An unforgettable night is guaranteed when you're rockin' out to Lou Nadeau's searing vocals, that's for sure.