Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Game Club: March, 2013

TNL Game Club: March, 2013

As discussed in the overall club thread, I want to try this my way at least for the first month.

I'll start us off by using Excel's RANDBETWEEN function of 1985-2010: 1998.

Here are some noteworthy games people can choose to play from 1998, though creativity and finding the diamonds in the rough are also encouraged. Please share what you are planning to play so that others can jump on the bandwagon if it's something cool. As previously described, I'm both predicting and hoping that we will have a small group of games chosen with a few people playing each one, even though I don't want to mandate that. Have at it!

edit: Here are the games people are playing:

Brettmatic: Radiant Silvergun
    bVork: Might & Magic VI
    Changeling: S.H.O.G.O.: Mobile Armor Division
    Chaoofnee, Opaque: Brave Fencer Musashi (2)
    Joust, Yoshi: Thief: The Dark Project (2)
    Melf, Mzo: Panzer Dragoon Saga (2)
    Timber: Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
    Last edited by Yoshi; 05 Mar 2013 at 09:43 AM.

2. Good year.

Yeah, I can't say I wasn't pleased/relieved when Excel spit that one out.

4. Getting 1998 for your first year is like hitting on a number in your first roulette spin.

5. epmode gave me a copy of Grim Fandango to play 5 years ago and I still haven't played it.

So this month, I've decided that I will be playing Half Life

The early favorites for me are Heart of Darkness, which I have never played but has been on my wanted list, and Thief, which I haven't played forever. Perhaps if I can't quickly acquire the former, I'll fall back on the latter. But I also want to see the more niche suggestions others throw out too before committing.

7. My best unplayed choices from that notable list are Pokemon Stadium and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. This will end well.

8. Hm, I've got Suikoden II and barely ever started it.

Actually, I don't think I ever got more than halfway through RE2 either.

I am down for Heart of Darkness, I was just looking at that game on my shelf the other day.

I'd play Suikoden 2 if fucking Konami would just put it up on PSN. How hard is it? You don't like money?

10. Nobody listen to Mzo when he tries to get us to play Parasite Eve