Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega CD

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    This is what you'll need:

Every Sega CD game worth playing ever.
    Uhhh....well, that more or less covers all the domestic games.

Import-wise, if you can track down the Action Replay adapter, I recommend the Mega CD Sonic CD with it's original, unspoiled, and supremely better soundtrack alone. Anete Futabi AKA Anete Again is a good, solid beat 'em up I enjoyed the hell out of too.
    omg TNL epics!

2. re: Silpheed

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    They're pretty different... (but they're both not that good).
    The Sega CD Silpheed has music composed by god; the PS2 version does not. It makes the average gameplay of the former completely tolerable, whereas the PS2 game is one of the most boring pieces of shit ever put to disc.

3. Yeah the Silpheeds are not very good, IMO. The PS2 one is a worthy sequel, but still crap.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BoBVila
    Don't get the SegaCD Silpheed; the PS2 one is much better (most people don't like it anyway)
    how dare you. Silpheed was great. Go sit in your tower.

5. Quote Originally Posted by skelly
    The Sega CD Silpheed has music composed by god; the PS2 version does not. It makes the average gameplay of the former completely tolerable, whereas the PS2 game is one of the most boring pieces of shit ever put to disc.

Music composed by gods??!!! eh??? are ye deaf?? The music is crap!! Most SNES games sound way better. ugh.. Silpheed for Sega CD is just galaga with full motion video backgrounds. I paid $50 bucks for that game when it first came out and I was totally blinded by the backgrounds..refusing to acknowledge that the game is shit, while superior shooters such as Thunderforce 4, Lords of Thunder were out there waiting for me buy.

6. It looked like garbage. Anyway, I actually think the PS2 one is pretty OK, being playable and all.

Silpheed on Sega CD was nothing more than a technology showpiece. The game was completely mediocre.

8. Silpheed was cool the first time you play it, then it gets old.

That's more than you can say about Silpheed for PS2. Looks pretty, but it is the most boring shooter I have ever played. I wasted my $5.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    Go sit in your tower.
    "hehe...."
    "whats funny?"
    "fuck...fuckin.......COCK CHAOS!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Silpheed on Sega CD was nothing more than a technology showpiece. The game was completely mediocre.
    It was'nt even that impressive back then. I felt ripped off, for buying the game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Silpheed was cool the first time you play it, then it gets old.

That's more than you can say about Silpheed for PS2. Looks pretty, but it is the most boring shooter I have ever played. I wasted my $5.

I'd have to say Darius Gaiden (Saturn), Darius (Amiga) and Blood Money (Amiga) were the most boring shooters ever. Darius on the Amiga, had black backgrounds, with nothing but ships to avoid. The same with Blood Money.

I actually thought Silpheed on the PS2, was okay. But mediocre compared to what is available today.