Thread: Any Sony Clie Experts?

1. Any Sony Clie Experts?

I figured I could use one so I went ahead and got the PEG-UX50. So far I love, but I have one question (for now)...

How do I transfer movies to a Memory Stick so I can view 'em? I've tried messing around, only to get lost.

If anyone can help me here (or off some tips), that would be grand.

Thank you.

2. Apparently you have gotten some sort of data import/export software and USB cord bundled with your PDA. I assume you are having problems with this yes? From what I can tell you might have to transfer the file sto the PDA and then transfer to the Memory Stick. If that isn't possible, you might have to buy a Memory Stick reader to transfer file from your PC to your Memory Stick.

3. Thanks.

Now...what the hell is this Bluetooth thing?

How do I connect to the internet? I need a wireless router or something? I just don't get it.

4. Yeah, you need a bluetooth access point for it to work.

5. Bluetooth is a short range wireless signal that lets portable devices communicate with each other. Say you want to tranfer some stuff to your laptop and you are on the other side of the house and you're lazy, if your laptop is Bluetooth enabled you can just tranfer information without any wires. If your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth you can buy a Bluetooth transceiving module that will connect via USB for a small cost. Also, if you are playing multiplayer games on your PDA, you can play wirelessly against other people in your general area who have Bluetooth enabled.

As for the wireless internet, yeah you will need a wireless router to get a connection in the home unless a neighbour has one and you can leech off him if he is not competent with setting one up. If you are out and about, there are various "hot spots" where you can get internet access for either a small fee or for free. I assume in your case, finding a hot spot should be a snap.

Hopefully in your manual it show how to enable things.