Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 7th Saga

The 7th Saga

I really liked this Enix SNES RPG but I gave up on it and never finished it.

Anyone else a fan of this game?

I vaugely remember this one but I never found a copy, Brainlord was another RPG that came out in the same timeframe I believe.

What made you stop?

Korian

I haven't played Brainlord, which came out a year after The 7th Saga. I know both games were developed by Produce but are they related in story?

I stopped playing The 7th Saga because I got stuck and since I was borrowing the game, I felt I shouldn't keep it too long.

4. this game was one of the worst games enix had ever put out

5. Pretty good game but it has the worst ending I've ever seen.

6. Christ, every time I think I'm free, someone reminds me of this game. I'll tell you right now, don't expect a decent ending. Wouldn't even call it an ending. Its an inhumanly long game, and is hard as hell in the last stages. The bosses aren't what get you; the regular enemies are too damn powerful. The block and attack method really needed to die a horibble death. Stupid sense of duty made me finish it. Didn't stop me from quitting on FF8. Shoot, I'm ranting.

7. This game, unfortunately, epitomized Enix to me, total disappointment. Same for Brainlord, i hope Enix disappears someday.

farfus, are those the only Enix games you have played? If so you're missing out on stuff like ActRaiser, Dragon Warrior, Valkyrie Profile, Soul Blazer and many others.

Also, has anyone played Robotrek? It's another Enix SNES RPG (by Quintet, IIRC). Is it any good?

9. Nah, i played Actraiser 2, it was disappointing also. As far as the Dragon Warrior's go, that is very old school stuff at this point. Im hoping to kinda raise the bar as far as my gaming experiences go. I do have Actraiser in my archives i can try for old times sake, which, trust me, im not too far from being to that point in gaming nowadays.

10. I highly recommend Robotrek. It's a definite change of pace from most RPGs. And I might be alone in this, but I really like Actraiser 2.