Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 7th Saga

1. Originally posted by StriderKyo

I dunno...I really don't get why people are so into this game, and I have a sneaking suspicion it has alot to do with it being the only thing available to Genesis owners at the time. It has way more fights than a game with too many fights, and they're hard. The dungeons go on forever and all look pretty much the same, and are almost all boss-free. The game also requires a ridiculous amount of levelling up.

None of that would bother me if I found any motivation to keep playing - the great story people always talk about is told in one 2 paragraph chunk for every 6 hours of random fights. But far more egregious is the extremely lame battle system - I honestly can't think of an rpg with a worse one. For the most part, you don't even control the action unless you make a specific point to interrupt the computer fighting itself. And it'll then keep on doing the same thing over and over until you tell it not to. Another annoying thing is how certain necessary party members are so weak that it isn't worth your while to have them attack but just defend all the time, rendering them dead weight.

Yeah, it had great graphics for its era, but isn't much compared to other stuff on the system. It's got some cool tunes. And Nei dies and it's sad and meaningful and everything...sorta, since she's only said about five lines in the whole game leading up to her demise. I know the series has alot of fans, but I can't find this game worthy, which is why I gave up.

are you talking about Phantasy Star or 7Th Saga cause i dont think 7Th saga was ever on the genesis

Id just like to restate that 7th saga is the worst and i mean WORST game Enix has ever put out

the game is so craptacular words can not describe it

2. Originally posted by Johnpv

are you talking about Phantasy Star or 7Th Saga cause i dont think 7Th saga was ever on the genesis
    PStar2. And it wasn't.
    -Kyo

3. aaaahhh ok when you were tlaking genesis stuff thought you were commenting on 7th saga