Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox outselling the PS2.

1. News Xbox outselling the PS2.

Looks like we might finally see that price drop. I'll be the first one to say that it's about damn time, too.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1574215,00.asp

2. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Looks like we might finally see that price drop. I'll be the first one to say that it's about damn time, too.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1574215,00.asp
    Only took 3 years.

3. Well, it is pretty difficult selling people something they already have.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BoBVila
    Well, it is pretty difficult selling people something they already have.
    same thing i was thinking.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BoBVila
    same thing i was thinking.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BoBVila
    Or threw away, or sent back to Sony (see: defective systems)

7. People that simply throw away their PS2s deserve to have nothing but an Xbox. Seriously, who the hell does that? They sound like those kind of people that got an MP3 player and decided to chuck their legit CDs out the window.

edit: Oh I get it, both of those were under the category of defective systems. Still, it is difficult to maintain a high level of sales for as long as they have.

8. Not much of a surprise considering Sony's sales have been rapidly declining since late last year. They've saturated the market and anybody that wants a PS2 has one by now. Microsoft's lower price tag, plus the world's worst kept secret of EA soon to be jumping on the Xbox Live bandwagon stands to put Microsoft in a position that Sony would rather not see.

I don't know why Sony is dragging its feet on this. Are they so confident (or arrogant) that they think two months won't make any difference? Maybe not in marketshare, but mindshare is something else.

9. I'm still waiting for Sony to drop the price before I buy my first PS2.

10. I think Sony should go out a release the PStwo with an LCD screen damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Or perhaps he's a gay stalker, and longs to rub your used toilet paper all over his nipples.