Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Ouija

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    I think Mike needs to spend a night on Cheebs back porch. With a Ouji board.
    And his cats secret name. And me and Cheebs can collect on that cool Million.
    I don't believe the ghost on the porch story and I would more than gladly play Ouija with him to "discover" my cat's real name for the million dollar challenge.

I'm safe, I don't need to worry about having to find one million bucks ever because nobody can tell me her real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s
    1) Most Ouija is pure crap yes. The Milton Bradley crap is about as real as Santa Claus. TRUE Ouija boards on the other hand are dangerous.
    My one million dollar challenge stands for a TRUE Ouija board as well.

2)HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!! That's some funny stuff right there.
    Okay, why? There is no evidence of ghosts so that's funny? I don't get it.

3) Proof. Unnecessary. I suppose next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as sentient, extra-terestrial beings and that humans are the only life in the universe.
    I would like to think there are other life forms out there, but none have ever made any contact with us. However there's a small possibility that other planets have the propensity to develop life. We can base this theory off of the fact that our planet developed life.

But there's also the possibility that our planet is the only one out of however many that developed life. Either one is probable.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s
    You just answered your own question.
    No I didn't. Because you're saying that something (ghosts) exist which are outside the system. As stated earlier anything that interacts with this world has to leave some type of evidence. Henceforth proof is necessary.

Could something like ghosts exist somewhere in the universe... yes, but there would be at least some form of proof of their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    By that logic then - there is a person that today, could in the past, or will sometime in the future, will be able to fly around unaided by machines like Superman.
    If said person had wings or some other form of propulsion... then yes, at least on some planet somewhere there's intelligent life that can fly. Earth is not an infinite system, but the Universe is.

But that doesn't mean that they can break the laws of physics... they have to be able to fly via some personal means of propulsion.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    By that logic then - there is a person that today, could in the past, or will sometime in the future, will be able to fly around unaided by machines like Superman.
    We're not gonna start talking about Otakukin and gundams again are we?

4. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Science is NOT an alternative or opposition to religion, thinking otherwise is just ill advised. So you believe that we're not made of cells, and that the earth does not revolve around the sun? Or do you just selectively choose what you think is right or wrong depending on if _you_ think it clashes with your religious beliefs.

And by the way, religion (including Christianity) has changed and evolved over time. It was only when religions slowly became centralised, and had a heirachical structure that "conservation" came in to part. You are aware that Christmas and Easter are both pagan holidays that were absorbed into Christianity in order for an easy assimilation of western europeans; and that your God is a derivative of a Ugaritic god, who in turn was the equivalent of the son of Chronos in Greek mythology, et cetera. And the Gospels of Matthew and Luke are derivatives of a "Q" Gospel. In fact the origins of Christianity is a complex web of cultural beliefs that evolved over time. It's been documented fairly extensively.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism revolve around exactly the same God, THAT'S A FACT BITCH SO DON'T DISPUTE IT. So are you willing to say that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are equally good choices? Because all the beliefs which constantly change and evolve based around that God don't matter, because it's just the fact it revolves around Yalweh = Allah = Elohim = Jehovah = God = Jesus that matters.

alright, Ill admit, my argument did sound like I was saying science was useless. I believe science is a tool to explain God's material creation. However, science is not absolute nor is it always right. It's wrong when it tries to go agaisnt what God's word which is truth and is inerrant. Of course i know not everyone believes that, but I do. Yes, I know about the Christmas easter things but those are more traditions than theological beliefs. Today they are to celebrate the birth of Christ and the Death, burial and resurection of Christ. I checked into this Ugaritic thing and thats mainly involved with the god of Islam. "According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God....Allah was the god of the local Quarish tribe, which was Mohammed's tribe before he invented Islam to lead his people out of their polytheism. Allah was then known as the Moon God, who had 3 daughters who were viewed as intercessors for the people into Allah....Mohammed used the name Allah which was the name of a specific idol without ever distinguishing it from the idol the Meccan’s were already worshipping. This was a modification of their former worship but never a complete break. He never did say for the people to stop their worship of the wrong Allah, for the right one....Muslims trying to prove their position from the Bible point to the Old Testament with the word alleluyah, interpreting the first portion of the word alle as Allah. The word [H]alleluyah is not a compound Hebrew word. It is not two words but a singular word meaning praise to Yahweh. (alle- praise, lu-to, yah-Yaweh). The beginning of the word is Hallel meaning praise. This has nothing to do with an Allah, and the last syllable of the word is a reference to Yahweh the God of the Bible, this is hardly any evidence for their assertions. They are also confusing Aramaic with Arabic. This is not unusual, as Muslims will often take words and meanings set in another language and culture and adopt them for proof of their own book or religion." ALLAH IS NOT THE SAME GOD AS THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. Islam has the pagan origins. Just because the two books use similar language does not mean they're the same. Allah is different from the God of the Bible. Judism refers to the same God, yes, however, they do not trust in Jesus or believe he was the Savior of humanity. basically if you don't believe the Bible is inerrant you're not going to agree with just about anything I say.
    "This is not revenge...it's punishment"

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    But that doesn't mean that they can break the laws of physics... they have to be able to fly via some personal means of propulsion.
    According to some of the logic put forth in this thread, who really knows if it's possible for people on earth to fly around unaided with no means of propulsion, all the while ignoring every mathmetical and natural law we abide by everyday (hello gravity).

Unless you are able to test every person living, dead, and being born in the future, showing that in fact, none of them can fly, then obviously it must be possible.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nic0
    It's wrong when it tries to go agaisnt what God's word which is truth and is inerrant. Of course i know not everyone believes that, but I do.
    You don't believe in that biblical innerancy bullshit do you? Cause it's hard to say something is perfect when there's direct contradictions between the texts.

Example: Genesis 1 and Genesis 2. Which is it... did god create animals then man, or man then animals? Looks like two contradicting stories to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic0
    ALLAH IS NOT THE SAME GOD AS THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. Islam has the pagan origins. Just because the two books use similar language does not mean they're the same. Allah is different from the God of the Bible. Judism refers to the same God, yes, however, they do not trust in Jesus or believe he was the Savior of humanity. basically if you don't believe the Bible is inerrant you're not going to agree with just about anything I say.
    Obviously you don't understand Islam then. It is the same Judaic god, in fact they see both the Torah and Bible as holy texts as well.

Is it identical to Christianity... no, but it's a variation on Judaism just like Christianity.

And yes Islam has Pagan origins... just as Judaism and Christianity do.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.