Thread: ENVY & maybe some future screenings (TROY & Napoleon Dynamite...)

1. ENVY & maybe some future screenings (TROY & Napoleon Dynamite...)

I saw the screening of this on Thursday (April 29th). Its a pretty good movie. Ben Stiller and Jack Black are pretty funny. Christoper Walkens plays a bum-esque type of person who kinda bribes Ben Stiller after a freak accident. I thought there would be some more hilarious laughter but I didnt seem to find it really really over the top hilarious. But funny still non-the-less. If you want some good laugh, I recommend it.

I got another screening pass to "Napoleon Dynamite"

"Napoleon Dynamite is a new kind of hero, complete with a tight red 'fro, sweet moon boots, and skills that can't be topped. Napoleon spends his days trying to impress the chicks with his drawings of magical beasts while making sure to fee Grandma's pet llama, until his new best friend Pedro decides to run for class president. Launching a campaign to make the student body's wildest dreams come tru, the two must rely on Napoleon's secret talent if Pedro is to beat the stuck up Summer Wheatley."

Napoleon Dynamite isnt until the 18th of May. I'll post impressions if I go see it.

I'm trying to score some tickets to "TROY" as well. If I do and I get the tickets, I'll post my impressions of it. I got TROY movie posters (27x40) for sale. Click on my eBay link if you would like to purchase them. I only have 3-4 left.

2. Dynamite Napolean looks hilarious. I saw Envy and there was a preview for it. Envy wasn't all that great. Stiller, Black and Walken saved it from totally stinking, but the directing and writing are very flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I also had screening pass to go see "Mean Girls" but that didnt go..chick flick not my type.

I did see "13 going on 30" tho. It was alright. Jennifer Garner did a good job but again, chick flicks arent my type of thing.

4. Jennifer Garner is a pretty good actor, but neither of those movies appeal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."