Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W32/Sasser.worm

1. W32/Sasser.worm

Word is that there's another lovely variation of the worm virus hitting PCs all over...looks like it could be pretty bad. Watch yo back at all times.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...sser.worm.html

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Nice... Norton is updated.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Circuit Board.

Thanks for the heads up, though, Dole. I probably should be scared.

Systems Not Affected: Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Thanks for the heads up, though, Dole. I probably should be scared.
    Yeah, you do tech support, right? You might be fucked, dude.

Systems Not Affected: Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT
    Yeah, it seems to be an XP thing only.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

You mean XP & 2000.

It's only been 2 weeks. If this keeps up, there will be no time to do backups or testing before patching.

Oh well, home wise even more reasons to stick with 9x.
    Taking it one day at a time.

6. you know what i got the Nachi Worm B today..it was turning its self off eaxtly like the worm blaster from last year... werid..

Quote Originally Posted by maruchan
    you know what i got the Nachi Worm B today..it was turning its self off eaxtly like the worm blaster from last year... werid..
    So you didn't get to patch windows for that yet? Well, if you order the free CD from MS then it comes with it if you're unable to download it.

8. I still have the PWsteal trojan virus and have to go through 4 long steps to get rid of it, but I can't use my mouse in safe mode. Can anyone help? I've tried Hijackthis, Ad-aware, and CWshredder and it keeps coming back. I can't activate the virus scan because my mouse doesn't work in safe mode. Is this normal?

If you have a windows button on your keyboard, that will allow you to access the start menu. Use arrow keys to select your adware or antivirus program. After that, use the tab key to set up the features you want and start it. This works for most descently coded apps.

LOL Guest
    Ctrl + Esc opens up the start menu.