Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AmazingAutoSearch bar at the bottom of IE

1. AmazingAutoSearch bar at the bottom of IE

I've run HijackThis, Spybot, Ad Aware and even AVG, no matter what happens it STILL comes back whenever I reboot. Anybody got some ideas for me to try?

2. Run msconfig and see if anything suspicious is set to launch at start-up.

3. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

If you don't have a software firewall, get one. You can find ZoneAlarm and more at www.hotfiles.com that are free for personal use. Then nexttime you remove it, watch for any strange programs that try to access the web. This is probably the program that's trying to put the search bar back. This method works great. I use it to keep AIM from putting WildTangent on my computer. I just block the program that downloads it and call it a day.
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. Possible chance this may be what I had, is it linking to isearch?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

6. Nah... it's going right to amazingautosearch.com

7. Can you remove it from the add remove programs menu in the control panel?

8. Nope, and ZoneAlarm doesn't catch it. It's another IE window being opened up, but superimposed onto my current window. I can just close it, but it comes back whenever I go to another page.

Check IE's default start page before and after you clean it. Make sure both times you set it to about blank. Some spyware will change your default page to a redirect that will still take you to your page but not before visiting theirs.
    Taking it one day at a time.

10. That's what it's doing, but it keeps coming back.