Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A good reason to use IE

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    It really hit me how much MS sucks from using my work PC. I'm using XP, and I noticed that MS Messenger kept starting up. I tried to quit it, and it told me, "If you want to use Outlook, you have to have me running." Why the f**k do I need MS Messenger running to use an e-mail program?
    Oh God, I hope you figured out you can turn that off. That gave me hell for awhile too since it'd make Outlook take four times as long to open up. Goto "Tools" Menu -> "Options" Sub menu -> Click the "Others" Tab and deselect the "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" checkbox at the bottom.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

2. Quote Originally Posted by NightWolve
    Oh God, I hope you figured out you can turn that off. That gave me hell for awhile too since it'd make Outlook take four times as long to open up. Goto "Tools" Menu -> "Options" Sub menu -> Click the "Others" Tab and deselect the "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" checkbox at the bottom.
    Haha! Thank you.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I only use IE for surfing, and I've caught something fierce so I'm thinking of making the switch to FireBird. Anybody here use it, or willing to give a thumbs up/down comment on it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    I only use IE for surfing, and I've caught something fierce so I'm thinking of making the switch to FireBird. Anybody here use it, or willing to give a thumbs up/down comment on it?
    Do a search or just download it. There is no reason not to. Then check out the extensions page and get the ones that look nice.