Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 Get-together

1. E3 Get-together

Here's the official brainstorming thread for this year's big meeting. If you will be in the Los Angeles area anytime during the week of May 10-15, we want you to try your damndest to attend. There will be food, drink, merriment, and TNL celebrities galore. Don't worry if you're shy/geeky/ugly - just show up and we outgoing/witty/beautiful people will do all the heavy lifting. I promise.

Obviously, we need a time and date. Tuesday the 11th is definitely out; too much going on that night and the next morning. I think we should probably shoot for Wednesday, after the show closes for the day. E3 lets out at 6 PM on Wednesday and Thursday, 4 PM on Friday. I say we do maybe an 8:00 dinner and whatever else on the 12th where everyone comes, then we do a Friday all-nighter. The first event should be somewhere spacious but not too expensive.

E3 vets and L.A. residents (even if you aren't planning to attend), let's come up with a good place. Also, if there are some Wednesday industry parties I'm not aware of, let me know and we can figure out a better time.

2. If E3 was one week later, and I had a thing called money...I would so be there.
    your mom

I'll be in the area at some point, but i dont know when.

If I'm around, im trying to hang out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Don't worry if you're shy/geeky/ugly - just show up and we outgoing/witty/beautiful people will do all the heavy lifting. I promise.
    I have enough charisma to carry the lot of you. I've done it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

5. That asian place near the hotel. Chris knows what I'm talking about.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kano On The Phone
    That asian place near the hotel. Chris knows what I'm talking about.
    Haha, you know "he" will be going there.

7. It really depends on what you want to do.

Just hanging out? Diner? Games? Sights? What?

Oh, and I owe Nick a trip to the Getty anyway. But I doubt that counts as party-time festivus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I vote dinner on Wednesday, see some nightlife on Friday. I don't think I'll make the Getty this time around, since my plane leaves at 6 AM on Saturday.

9. Friday nightlife...like clubs and such? Or just spots to hang around at? For the first, there's a number, but I can't think of the names atm. If it's hangout spots, there's a few places in Long Beach, the Block in Anaheim, Universal Citywalk...

Tons more, I'm sure, but I'm going from what I know in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    Friday nightlife...like clubs and such? Or just spots to hang around at? For the first, there's a number, but I can't think of the names atm. If it's hangout spots, there's a few places in Long Beach, the Block in Anaheim, Universal Citywalk...

Tons more, I'm sure, but I'm going from what I know in my area.
    Don't go to The Block...it's like 5 minutes from my house...much to close for comfort.
    Also, it's quite lame

But most of those places you mentioned will be pretty far away, I'm pretty sure they're lookign for something fairly close to the convention center, and surrounding areas. Since not everyone will have a car.