Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Go check out IGN..

1. Can't wait to see "our" new look, plus another site nearby. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Glad you guys like it--we're getting a bunch of shit mails and about as many praises in the office regarding the new look.
    Oh, Jesus. MarkRyan works at IGN? It all makes sense now...

3. I actually didn't think my mature appreciation of awesome games and lack of tolerance for bad ones was necessarily typical of IGN.

4. Let's see what IGN is nowadays:

-An absolute crap layout, way too cluttered and a ridiculous amount of ads. No sense of design flow whatsoever.
    -Horrible, lengthy, dry, boring, predictable, Jeremy-quality reviews.
    -Shit layout for news, and shit news anyway.

Ummm so why do people still go to IGN?

5. I go to IGN once in a while for videos. It still pisses me off that they use Windows Media Player for their free format and make it to where Mac users have to dl the video and then watch it. It'd be so much easier if they offered a streaming Quicktime or Realplayer alternative. Oh well.

6. 320 x 240 Quicktime videos will soon be unlocked for non-Insiders...or so I'm told. Most videos will then be available in 640 x 480 for Insiders only.

7. Hey MarkRyan, now that I all of a sudden realize you work for IGN I find you ugly, and you smell bad too. Apparently the discovery of IGN connections also caused unsavory things to come to the fore involving your mother of which I was previously unaware.

Oddly, I prefer 320x240 videos. For an unplayable preview it's more than enough for me to get a good judgement of what's going on, so long as the framerate is good and it's reasonably sharp. 640x480 just seems a bit much, although for something special like, say, Unity I'd probably find the time for the extra-large download.

I've got nothing against IGN, I go there every day as part of my standard game news browsing. Can't say I love it or anything but it's usually a good read and worth the time.

James

8. I love IGN's DVD coverage, the gaming stuff is okay, with the high point being news.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Hey MarkRyan, now that I all of a sudden realize you work for IGN I find you ugly, and you smell bad too. Apparently the discovery of IGN connections also caused unsavory things to come to the fore involving your mother of which I was previously unaware.

Oddly, I prefer 320x240 videos. For an unplayable preview it's more than enough for me to get a good judgement of what's going on, so long as the framerate is good and it's reasonably sharp. 640x480 just seems a bit much, although for something special like, say, Unity I'd probably find the time for the extra-large download.

I've got nothing against IGN, I go there every day as part of my standard game news browsing. Can't say I love it or anything but it's usually a good read and worth the time.

James
    I suspect 1UP is going to start offering video feeds and such when they launch their redesign just in time for E3 next week. For those of you that go there -- I think you'll like some of the new changes. It's going to be very community driven and users can do things similar to some of the things you've seen in a few places like...well, you'll see.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    It's going to be very community driven and users can do things similar to some of the things you've seen in a few places like...well, you'll see.
    I just put my collection up on IGN and I don't really feel like transferring it all.

Unless of course they have some snazzy easy way of adding games that's not monotonous.

Or maybe they won't even have this feature
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)