Thread: Gungrave........

1. Gungrave........

Well, I just got done watching the 26th episode of the Gungrave anime, and all I can say is wow I had never played the game for PS2, but I always admired the artistic style of the game, and loved the main character. So when I heard about this anime I was pumped. Then I find out that the people who did the anime were the people who produced Trigun, my second favorite series.

Here is a short synopsis of the story. As the people who have played the game know, the main character is Grave, or Brandon Heat, whom the anime is mostly about. The story follows Brandon Heat, and his friend Harry Macdowel through their youth, until ::censored::. It is about how both of them rise to the top of a crime syndicate called Millenion, and what a long road to the top it is. That is all I really want to say about the story, for spoilers sake.

The anime itself is outstanding, OUTSTANDING! First is the artistic style, it takes what is in the game, and trancends to anime perfectly. It may be because the team that did Trigun has an amazing artistic vision, but I also give credit to the good ol people at Sega for having the vision of Gungrave. The story is the whole "we'll show you what happens in the first episode, then goto a flashback for a long while". Which in my opinion works for this series perfectly. Because it is so character driven, by about episode 16 you are so pumped for Brandon Heat and Harry Macdowel, and what they are doing at the time. After the backstory, everything just goes f'in nuts, and that's all I have to say about that.

So this may be either a piss poor review about something everyone knows about, or a great heads up for those who havn't heard of the series. Either way, if you havn't seen this series, your doing yourself an injustice, and I recommend you torrent this shit now!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. I've wanted to see it ever since i heard about it, because the game is one of my favs ever.
    I really want to see the Parappa anime, but i can never find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Wrong forum!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Wrong forum!
    I was going to post it in the anime forums, but I felt it was more fitting here, one because it's based off of a game, and two, well there is no two! But it's based off a game damnt...........A GAAAAAAAME..........::runs off::
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.