Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Would Mods look into stopping Racial slurs and Comments on the Main Forums?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda
    You guys are through with me, I know, but I think you're ignoring a lot of important bits.

Most of you seem to agree that your typical drug user or criminal is black. The media makes this clear, but considering who runs the media, that's bullshit.

According to federal data (as of June 2003 at least), only 13% of drug users and 16% of dealers are black (yet those in jail on possession charges are 90% black). 76% of users are white. Blacks commit 26% of violent crimes each year, whereas whites are the majority here again. If you're white, it's 4 times more likely that you will be assaulted by a white person than a black person. And of all racial and ethnic groups, black students are the least likely to bring guns to school.

It's easy for us whites to say that racism isn't a problem because racism doesn't hurt us. It was made by us, for us, a few hundred years ago to try to justify destroying other people in the name of progress for whites.

It's harder for whites to see the damage being done because we've taken so much for granted. Whites will complain that there's a BET and a Black History Month, but not a WET or a White History Month. This is because we've taken for granted the fact that there is a WET, it's called NBC, CBS, ABC and White History Month is every month, day in day out, since we've always been taught a history through the eyes of whites.

This isn't about self-hatred or guilt, it's about taking responsibility for the privilege we have been given and trying to do something about it. Yea, this is useless to say on TNL, but where can we talk about it? Is it discussion only allowed for rallies and protests? I know it's all very hard to talk about without feeling personally attacked, but if we white guys learn to listen and grow up, I think we'd see some good things start to happen.

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of being labeled racist because I'm white. You want to know where rmy family was when black slavery was rampant in North America? Starving in Ireland. My family has no history of slavery, I haven't commited a hate crime, and if you want to blame me for something that someone elses grandfather did X number of years ago you're barking up the wrong tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

2. in before lock!

3. This thread kind of went nowhere. Since it's not really feedback or troubleshooting, ye olde padlock is in effect.