Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 56k Gaming

Xbox 360 II 56k Gaming

In these past months I've been too busy with work and my girlfriend to play many games. Fortunately, I contracted mono and am stuck at home all day every day with seemingly nothing to do. Since my parents have been going through a divorced all the money is sucked up by lawyers and finishing projects, so I'm stuck with 56k for all my online entertainment needs.

All of this raises the question, what games CAN I play over 56k? CS only retains so much fun when your busy battling a ping of 250 at best. I desperately need something to do. Is there any hope for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. www.kungfuchess.com

that's just one idea..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

3. RTS games, FPS shooters are a no-no...MMO games work but anything that requires quick reaction time, well friend, you're screwed. I feel your pain however as I'm still on 56k.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. I can play CS fairly well with a ping of 180. Above 225, forget it.

5. Worms World Party.

I'm on 56k, and I just finished playing a game of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    and my girlfriend.... Fortunately, I contracted mono
    You know how that's transferred...

I wonder what your girlfriend has been up to in her spare time.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    You know how that's transferred...

I wonder what your girlfriend has been up to in her spare time.
    pwned.
    o_O

8. Doesn't PS2 have some online games that support 56k? I don't know about PC games anymore, I don't really play them. I was stuck on dialup for years after all my friends because I live in the middle of fucking nowhere when I'm home from Boston (that is, right now). However, last September, Verizon DSL was available in my neighborhood, so my parents pounced on it. They're enjoying the hell out of it, and I just finished a game of MechAssault, my fourth match today. I know the pain of 56k and not being able to do anything cool, but hopefully it'll be temporary for you, heh.

Actually I got it from my friend Courtney, we shared a pop or ice cream or something.

Either way, I think I'll look into WWP, what else is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

10. Tetris is probably fine over 56K, and pretty much anything the DC could muster online was probably fine over it as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan