Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: Ribbit King

1. I picked up RK (GC version) yesterday and played a few rounds. So far so good. Tonight I'm going to get the wife in on some multiplayer action so that should be pretty fun. There were a few good one-liners in there that actually made me laugh, and I love the voice of the referee. The basket guy is pretty annoying but I like the style overall, even if it is on the aforementioned "kiddy" side. But rarely does that bother me.

Ironically they reviewed this on Judgement Day on G4 last night. I missed the actual review but in the rundown at the end, Tommy gave it like a 2.5 while the other guy gave it about a 7.5, and they were still going back and forth about the game at the end of the show. Seems to be pretty much on-par, some people hate it, some think it's fun as hell. I fall into the second camp.

Oh, and I couldn't believe there were TWO discs in the GC version for $20. A hell of a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Tommy always gives bad scores to 'kiddy' games. I can understand him not liking the theme, but if you're gonna be a game reviewer you have to distance yourself from that a bit, say "this game wasn't for me, but if you like this sort of game..." and list the pros and cons. He doesn't do that, he doesn't like the theme, he completely trashes it. His opinions on other types of games are okay, but you just need to completely disregard his scores on these types of games, the same way he completely disregards the gameplay because of the look.

3. The problem with Tommy as a game reviewer, is that his view do not represent the "typical" gamer.

4. "I was thinking about getting RK this week, then I looked at my Circuit City haul and said "fuck Ribbit King.""

Judging by your CC haul, I'd say you lost. Actually, I don't like to play this game by myself. But as a party game, it's great, almost unbeatable.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    The problem with Tommy as a game reviewer, is that his view do not represent the "typical" gamer.
    What, pray tell, is the typical gamer?

6. I don't like this game. I bought it because of Parappa's long paragraphs on it early in the thread going on about the crazy combos and whatnot. Comparing to the other golf games I've played, Hot Shots 3 and Mario Gold GC, it doesn't come close. It was boring by myself and boring with my friends. Sure, it's a budget title, but I feel like I wasted my money.
    pwned by Ivan