Thread: Planet Dreamcast is reporting

1. Planet Dreamcast is reporting

That Sega will begin selling XBox hardware on their website in July.

I'm no expert on these kinds of things but I think if a company was going to announce they were goint to stop supporting a system they would not be getting ready to sell that system on their website.

www.planetdreamcast.com

2. I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Sega doesn't sell Dreamcast stuff (or any other Sega system) on their site. Now their going to sell Microsoft's?

Why the hell would MS need Sega to sell their stuff anyway? Sega doesn't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to sales, and MS has so much more money for that. It makes little business sense, unless MS is trying to cater to the "hardcore" gamer. That demographic, traditionally, has had little effect on system sales, so I still can't see the logic.

3. Re: Planet Dreamcast is reporting

Originally posted by GameFreak

...Sega will begin selling XBox hardware on their website in July.
    Sega of Japan, that is.

"Sega Selling Xbox?
    10:24 PST | digitaltaco |
    It may be happening soon, according to a recent post at SelectButton. Beginning this Summer, and directly coinciding with the release of the Xbox release of Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller in Japan, Sega will begin selling the Xbox hardware in their online store D-Direct. While this doesn't really have any major impact on American gamers, it is notable that Sega will be selling another company's hardware in their store. You don't see other third parties doing that, do you? Hmm..."

D-Direct sells all kinds of stuff, so I wouldn't be too suprised if this was true.
    - Kabuki

4. Wow, I didn't know people still even visited Sega's website....The info they might provide is always dated, edited, and rather worthless. I never thought Sega cared much about their website except for the early DC days...I haven't seen it in a long, long time. ^_^

I agree, it sounds a little fishy, and I'm admitedly skeptical. However, it wouldn't shock me.....nothing much does that to me in this industry anymore....and Sega and Microsoft aren't neccesarily new to eachother, either......

Windows DC,
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

5. Sega's website has much more interesting content than Nintendo's, I'd say. You just have to dig down to it.

6. That's wierd. Unusual business practices... I don't like it. Not at all.

As far as websites go, Xbox has the most interesting, Sega perhaps provides the MOST content (tough It is deceptively hidden in strange places) and is also home to perhaps THE dumbest message board in the UNIVERSE. Sony has made a good one - but there are SO MANY sony sites it's hard to find which is the one that's going to have the info you need. There's Sony.com. SCEA.com SCEI.com, Playstation.com and on and on. Nintendo's web site is the worst. Hands down. Playstation.com is really close though. I guess web pages aren't incredibly important afterall.

ºTracer
    o_O