Thread: My Email has been HIJACKED!!

1. Question My Email has been HIJACKED!!

Directly on the heels of my overheating video card problem comes an all-new, all-invincible threat.

Upon logging into eBay or AOL, the screen hangs for about 20-30 seconds (which is a LONG time on broadband) and immediately gives me a "Page Can Not Be Displayed" or "Page Not Found" error.

Last night, logging into my school, the same thing happened. I only have two email accounts, bloodyarts which I use here and a few comic forums, and denny471, which I use for important crap like my email, school and of course, ebay.

So far, only sites in which I use my denny471@aol.c0m email gave me problems, so I'm guessing my email address has somehow been hijacked. At first, I thought it was a problem with their servers, but at work, I can do whatever on eBay just fine and my job firewalls AOL, so I can't go there anyway. That's when I became certain I had a problem.

Here's what I've done to try to solve the problem;
    deleted cookies and files in the temporary internet files.
    tried cwshredder
    tried Trojan Remover
    tried PC Cillin
    tried Ad Aware
    Updated Windows

The thing that came closest to working was deleting cookes and files. In both AOL and eBay's cases, I was able to login and make bids and check email as normal, but as soon as I got out and tried it again to see if it was a permanent fix, I was locked out again. This time, even after deleting cookies immediately before logging in the second time, I was still locked out.

I downloaded the AVG Virus Remover this morning as Lhadatt suggested in the sticky on this forum, but I haven't actually run it yet. When I get home, I'll try it.
    Also, as Lhadatt suggested, I'm switching to Firebird from Internet Explorer when I get home from work today.

I've never heard of anything like this before. Tried and true virus killers like PC Cillin and CWShredder had no effect. Before I resort to wiping my harddrive, I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions I could try.

2. i dont get what email accounts have to do with web pages not showing/loading.

3. Me neither. I'm sure it's a virus, but it's just weird how only the pages that I log in with my email address don't work.