Thread: Batch ID3 renaming

1. Nintendo GameCube Batch ID3 renaming

I've got a bunch of mp3s that, for whatever reason, have the CD track at the beginning of their ID3 title. And I really don't wanna go through and manually rename all of them.

Anything I can do?

2. http://www.sofotex.com/ID3-renamer-download_L19541.html

edit: that's in the wrong language..

3. Can I get that thing in English?

4. there's an english translation in the installation, i just haven't figured out how to activate it.

5. Ah, I got it. Just point the INI to it.

Doesn't look like this can do what I want it to, though. I need to find something that can remove the first three or so characters from the title, where most programs that I've seen can only modify the entire thing.

6. i have a program that can do just that, but the damn thing doesn't work with id3 v2 tags. which sucks. here's a list i just found. maybe one of these will help.

actually, i was mistaken. my id3 tag editor is also a filename editor. you're able to screw with the filename much more than the id3 tags. while it's possible to just build a tag from a filename, removing a few characters from all the tags at once can't be done with it.

if you find something that can help, let me know, as i'd love to get a copy.

7. try www.musicmatch.com

They can automate mp3 naming any way your heart pleases.
    your mom

8. actually, i was mistaken. my id3 tag editor is also a filename editor. you're able to screw with the filename much more than the id3 tags. while it's possible to just build a tag from a filename, removing a few characters from all the tags at once can't be done with it.
    Well, really, that'd work as a last resort. Rename the filenames, and turn the filename into the title with something else.

9. this looks very promising: http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/

i'm installing now.