Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Samurai Legend Musashi

1. It really does, atleast at this point.

2. After puting a few more hours on the game, getting the first elemental sword and rescuing enough people to start getting into the different forms of commerce, the game is starting to grow on me. Some of the new abilities I've learned from enemies make fighting pretty fun (two hard enemies spawn right in front of you? Well stun one, pick it up, and use it to beat down the other) and the voices are starting to annoy me less. The enviroments are really nice as well, and leveling up gives you a sense of continuous accomplishment that the first didn't have. I still miss the day and night cycles and the effects that had on different items, stores, and parts of the world, but the other familur aspects of the game (most notably the excellent and very BFMesque music) almost make up for it.

3. After beating it I would say if you never played Brave Fencer this is a 7/10 games, but if you did play Brave Fencer this will be a huge dissapointment overall and feels more like a 5/10 game.

Really, half this game was exactly what I wanted from a sequal, but the other half was horrible. Everything was double sided; some parts had amazing music but others had horrible pop rock bullshit, learning enemy moves is back but you don't do it the same way and the moves aren't as varied or original, items are back but without time of day effecting things like Cheese and Milk (which aren't even in the game anymore) some of the fun and strategy is gone, Boss designs remind me of the first game but the actuall fights are now too easy and don't require much strategy, Swords replaced scrolls but all the abilities suck, there's a set of armor to assemble again but somehow stupid gecko gloves that stick to glass aren't as fun as alternating swrods against rock walls, there's a town again but you can't freely leave it, people don't wander around it, you can't visit people at their homes and nothing fun like fires or wandering zombies ever happens. Then there's the stuff that just plain sucks; moving the giant whale thing around the shitty world map, going to each of the 5 different areas atleast 4 times a piece over the course of the game, musashi's voice, everyone's voice acting, enemy design, limited use of elemental sword powers and a boring, uninspired story with a stupid and shitty ending.

Really, nothing but a huge failure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Really, nothing but a huge failure.
    When this is $20, I guess I'll pick it up. Or I'll just buy another copy of BFM and play it on my PS2. And cry.

Man, Square can fuck anything up. I really have no love left for this company in the least, whatsoever.