Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will's sketches and drawings

1. Will's sketches and drawings

I've been pretty ecstatic since I finally got a scanner and I'm proud of how this drawing turned out. It's defininitely not porportioned correctly but I was trying to nail down the the costume as much as I could since I wanted a movie costume to look like the classic but without some of the goofy stuff like the black underwear.

Anyway here it is sans text detail:

2. The two tones of armor is a nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Ey, thanks alot

4. Loaded up another one.

5. Here's my DMC3 drawing, not that great but any problems you guys see with it I'm willing to fix.

6. It looks a little funny seeing Dante's one leg out like that. I'm not sure if it looks funny because it's just one leg we see, or if it's stretched out too far. Hard to see how he keeps his balance like that. Good shit though.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    It looks a little funny seeing Dante's one leg out like that. I'm not sure if it looks funny because it's just one leg we see, or if it's stretched out too far. Hard to see how he keeps his balance like that. Good shit though.
    Hmm, I'm thinking I can either add the tip of the boot to his other leg or try to fix the position of the leg to align better. Roufuss had a similar comment about it as well and suggested to add more depth(perhaps more and better use shadows and use of shading). I'll try to fix up the ebony gun position on his hand and use reference photos for desert eagles since they are huge. Thanks for the feedback

Kaneda also suggested to me to remove the building behind the monster dude so test that and do that as well.

8. Ok I kinda fixed the DMC one. I removed that other building, removed that monster and roughly sketched up 2 while fixing his leg, the gun and adding some lighting as well as a city backround.

Also added up another Batman one.

9. keep going man. Don't be discouraged or anything. They are great starts and you'll only get better the more you try. Good work though, very nice to see your sketches.

Maybe try making your own characters as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Thanks for the words of encouragement sunshine.