Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Metal Gear Acid

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Or like I said before, after you finish the first game, call it a wrap and move into the sequel because it's about a million times better.
    The gameplay is better, everything else is worse imo. I got bored before I managed to finish it. The visuals are really compromised so they can be displayed twice on the same screen for the 3D effect, and the story was a snorefest compared to the mindgames and insane characters of the first one.
    -Kyo

2. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    The gameplay is better, everything else is worse imo. I got bored before I managed to finish it. The visuals are really compromised so they can be displayed twice on the same screen for the 3D effect, and the story was a snorefest compared to the mindgames and insane characters of the first one.
    Unless you are playing strictly for the story, the improved gameplay, especially the shorter, more bite sized levels make the second game a million times better, especially when you are trying to go back and get more cards to build a better deck.

/phew

I never finished the first game, I did get near the end though I believe.

I've played through the second game a ton, and even on the hardest difficulties my Snake infinite turns desk was destroying everything.

I'm not sure if I ever ended up getting all of the cards. If I didn't, I got within a few...

Shame I doubt we'll ever see a third one, because I'd be all up ons.

The first game had like 15 levels, most of which are tiny. How did you not finish it?

For the three long missions, you can quick save when you get to a new area, then load the same quick save whenever you want if you think you messed up. They're still bite-sized, just imagine there's 20 levels instead of 15.

My Snake deck revolves around the XM8, which kind of feels like cheating. My Teliko's revolves around the Nagant sniper using Sniper Wolfs for increased accuracy. That damn thing hits for like 250+ easily one-shotting any sentry in the game. Cost -12 and Jonathan Ingrams rule the day, Stealths are awesome, along with Running Mans and Ocelot units for movement. Of course, I move things around depending on the mission but this is like, the foundation. I also like to choke people.

Kind of want to make a CQC deck but I'm waiting to get every card in the game before I start farming out CQC cards, I'm up to 192/204 but a few of these gold cards left are just not happening for me. I've reloaded and opened 10 MGS1 decks like 1000x by now and no Metal Gear Rex. The BEST part is that Rex is actually in my single card queue in the store, but there's no way I can raise the 50k before I push it off =[

And yeah, I played a tiny bit of MGA2 and I kind of hate the Kingdom Hearts looking bullshit that Snake is wearing, but I have to agree that every gameplay improvement was kind of exciting. They fixed doors, crouching, turning, picking up items on the go, and a bunch of other quirks that make it a better game. Jumping out of corners to shoot and the new, faster and generally more dynamic enemy-getting-hurt animations were pretty rad. I tried out the Solid Eye and it looks kind of pretty damn awesome, I can't lie. Too bad there's no nose groove built into it and also, it kind of makes your eyes hurt after a while. The 3D is pretty neat for what it is, though.

I'll talk about it more in the MGA2 thread once I get into it =3
    Last edited by Mzo; 28 Sep 2008 at 09:22 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    The first game had like 15 levels, most of which are tiny. How did you not finish it?
    I had just finished and utterly destroyed the second game and I was super excited for more, so I hopped onto the original

The step back in gameplay wise was the main thing that made me lose interest really.

re: deck builds - I don't really remember what my infinite turn deck was in the second game, but it was basically all stuff that allowed you to cycle through your deck and well and allowed you to take turn after turn after turn after turn...

all while the enemies got to sit there and make a face like -_-
    Last edited by Kidnemo; 29 Sep 2008 at 08:43 AM.

I guess it's a good thing I played it first.

Got all the cards and beat the game on extreme, time to move on to MGA2!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery